|Origin||Cincinnati, Ohio, United States|
|Labels||Mush Records, Big Dada|
|Associated acts||Greenthink, Reaching Quiet, Object Beings|
Generally Drucker and Wolf provide the group's vocals while Madson produces the music. Occasionally Madson's vocals can be heard, while Drucker and Wolf provide music, especially for the group's second album.
Clouddead's sound is notoriously hard to define, and although it is undoubtedly grounded in "traditional" hip-hop, influences as varied as electronica, psychedelic music and indie rock can be heard. Because of this non-traditional take on hip-hop, more conservative elements of the rap community have characterized Clouddead as "smartarse surrealism," with some elements of the community rejecting the notion that the group can be classed as hip hop at all, ignoring Sole's request to "just call it hip hop."[attribution needed]
Clouddead's first six 10-inch singles were compiled as a self-titled album, Clouddead, in 2001.
Printed on the sleeve of the single "Dead Dogs Two" is "this is cLOUDDEAD number 9 of ten," indicating that as of Ten (2004), Clouddead have finished making music as a group. In an interview around Ten's release, Drucker hinted that tensions between Madson and Wolf, as well as each member's heavy workload, had hastened the group's demise.
- The Peel Session (2001)
- Clouddead Beats: Collaged at Mom's (1998-2000) (2007)
- "Apt. A" (2000)
- "And All You Can Do Is Laugh" (2000)
- "I Promise Never to Get Paint on My Glasses Again" (2001)
- "Jimmy Breeze" (2001)
- "Cloud Dead Number Five" (2001)
- "Bike" (2001)
- "The Sound of a Handshake / This About the City" (2002)
- "Dead Dogs Two" (2004)
- "CLOUDDEAD Interview". The Milk Factory. February 2004.
- "Mush Artists: cLOUDDEAD". Mush Records. Retrieved August 23, 2009.
- "Big Dada cLOUDDEAD". Big Dada. Retrieved August 23, 2009.
- Prato, Greg. "cLOUDDEAD > Review". Allmusic. Retrieved August 23, 2009.
- "NME Artists: cLOUDDEAD / Biography". NME. IPC Media. Retrieved August 23, 2009.
- Clarke, Paul. "Californian hip-hop gets spacey". BBC Collective. Retrieved August 23, 2009.
- Wheeler, Melissa. "Clouddead and Buried". Exclaim!. Retrieved August 23, 2009.