|Founder||Itai Lahan (CEO)|
Tal Lev-Ami (CTO)
Nadav Soferman (CPO)
|Products||Image and Video Management|
Number of employees
|200 (March 2020)|
Cloudinary is a SaaS technology company headquartered in Santa Clara, California, with an office in Israel. The company provides a cloud-based image and video management services. It enables users to upload, store, manage, manipulate, and deliver images and video for websites and apps. Cloudinary is used by more than 550,000 web and mobile application developers at more than 6,000 companies including Condé Nast, Dropbox, Forbes, Outbrain, Taboola and Answers.com. Inc. Magazine has called Cloudinary the "gold standard" of image management on the web.
Cloudinary was founded in 2011 in Israel by Itai Lahan (CEO), Tal Lev-Ami (CTO), and Nadav Soferman (CPO). Cloudinary grew organically, building a profitable SaaS service, without venture capital funding. In 2015, the company received a strategic investment from Bessemer Venture Partners (BVP), which was BVP’s 100th investment in cloud companies.
In 2014, Cloudinary announced fully integrated image processing add-ons leveraging technologies by Imagga, URL2PNG, Aspose, WebPurify and others. In 2015, Cloudinary opened its U.S. headquarters in Palo Alto, California, and added video management to its services. In 2019, the company moved to Santa Clara, California, and launched tools for responsive breakpoint generation. Cloudinary was named among Forbes' The Cloud 100 Rising Stars 2019.
- "Cloudinary Features Overview". cloudinary.com.
- Delgado, Rick (5 September 2015). "4 Interesting Business Ideas Utilizing the Cloud". Tech.co. Tech Cocktail.
- "Websites using Cloudinary". builtwith.com. BuiltWith.
- Pozin, Ilya (24 June 2015). "4 Breakthrough Companies Driving Innovation In The Cloud". Inc.com. Inc.
- Pozin, Ilya (16 April 2015). "3 Startups That Will Help Your Business Save Money". www.forbes.com. Forbes.
- Pozin, Ilya (16 September 2015). "24 Israeli Companies You Should Watch For". forbes.com. Forbes.
- "CrunchBase record". crunchbase.com.
- "Bootstrapping a SaaS for Developers with Itai Lahan". softwareengineeringdaily.com. Software engineering daily. 30 March 2016.
- "Cloudinary Raises Funding from Bessemer Venture Partners". www.finsmes.com. FINSMES. 20 December 2015.
- Fisher, Adam (16 December 2015). "20 Years of Betting Big on the Cloud: Cloudinary is Bessemer's 100th Cloud Investment". www.bvp.com. Bessemer Venture Partners.
- "Cloudinary Expands One-Stop Shop for Cloud-Based Image Management; Announces New Image Processing Add-Ons". www.businesswire.com. Business Wire. 5 March 2014.
- Dove, Jackie (5 May 2015). "Cloudinary adds video to its roster of services". thenextweb.com. The Next Web.
- Soferman, Nadav (26 January 2016). "Responsive Image Breakpoints Generator, A New Open Source Tool". www.smashingmagazine.com. Smashing Magazine.
- Cai, Kenrick. "The Cloud 100 Rising Stars 2019: Meet The 20 Up-And-Comers in Tech's Hottest Category". Forbes. Retrieved 2020-03-26.