This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (March 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Subsidiary (formerly Public)|
|Traded as||ASX: CLO|
|Industry||Engineering, construction and asset support contractor, primarily to oil and gas industry|
|Fate||acquired by Murray & Roberts|
|Founded||1919, Perth, Western Australia|
|Peter Bennett (CEO, Mng. Director)|
|Revenue||$1.51 billion AUD (2012/13)|
|$90.7 million AUD (2012/13)|
|Total assets||$461.8 million AUD|
Number of employees
|Parent||Murray & Roberts|
Clough Ltd. (short name: Clough) is an international public company based in Perth, Western Australia. It has projects in engineering, construction, operations and maintenance services, principally in the oil and gas industry. It was formerly listed on the ASX as ASX: CLO), but was fully acquired by Murray & Roberts Holdings, and delisted on 12 December 2013.
The company was established in Perth in 1919, as builders J. O. Clough and Son. Clough underwent significant growth and diversification from the 1950s through 1970s. Expansion was fuelled by civil engineering and infrastructure contracts from Western Australia's Pilbara iron ore boom. Eventually, Clough undertook its first oil-and-gas project on Barrow Island in 1965.
During the 1970s and 1980s, Clough pursued activities in the Middle East, Indonesia and Africa. Branch offices were established in Brisbane, Bangkok and Houston. Acquisition of the Petrosea Group of Companies in 1984 (divested in 2009) was a basis for expansion in the South East Asian region. The company was listed on the Australian Stock Exchange in 1998, and the Clough family ceased to be shareholders in 2007.
Around 1991 Clough Engineering took over Noyes Bros., and traded as Noyes-Clough until 2004, when that branch of the company was purchased by Project Solutions Australia Pty Limited, and now operates as Noyes Bros. Pty Limited, as part of that group.
In October 2008, Clough sponsored construction of a First Year Centre for engineering students at the University of Western Australia, which opened in 2010, supporting students "with a space to have as their base, to meet, work in groups, and also work on projects [from industry]". It was recorded that former chairman and managing director Harold Clough had been a long-term benefactor of the university.
- Project management services in Saudi Arabia.
- CloughAMEC Joint Venture for Woodside Energy oil assets in Australia and New Zealand (in association with the Beca Group)
- Clough Curtain joint venture, involved inter alia with PNG LNG Upstream Infrastructure
- Gorgon LNG Project Australia contracted by Chevron Australia (Kellogg Joint Venture)
- CloughAMEC Joint Venture for ConocoPhillips Bayu-Undan Operations & Maintenance, Timor Sea
-  at Clough official website. Retrieved 9 June 2016
- "ASX Search". ASX. Retrieved 20 May 2014.
- Historical timeline Archived 9 March 2011 at the Wayback Machine at Clough official website. Retrieved 16 March 2011.
- J.O. Clough & Son (1974), The Stirling Bridge, Fremantle, Western Australia : a submission for the 1974 Construction Achievement Award, J.O. Clough, retrieved 25 January 2012
- J.O. Clough & Son (1987), Group history, J.O. Clough & Son?, retrieved 25 January 2012
- Company locations Archived 9 March 2011 at the Wayback Machine at Clough official website. Retrieved 16 March 2011.
- Harold Clough steps down Archived 9 March 2012 at the Wayback Machine Press release at Clough official website, 29 October 2007. Retrieved 16 March 2011.
- "History of Noyes Bros". Noyes Bros. Retrieved 12 March 2016.
- Clough to fund first year centre at UWA Archived 9 March 2011 at the Wayback Machine Press release at Clough official website. 29 October 2008. Retrieved 16 March 2011.
- Clough to fund first year centre at UWA Press release at UWA, 29 October 2008. Retrieved 16 March 2011.
- Szymakowski Y Focus on the Faculties: Engineering, Computing and Mathematics at UWA, February 2010. Retrieved 16 March 2011.
- The real value of philanthropy at UWA, 19 April 2010. Retrieved 16 March 2011.
- Sundry Clough project descriptions at ConstructionSite.com.au
- Clough AMEC announce JV with Beca New Zealand Archived 23 July 2011 at the Wayback Machine Press release, 14 March 2011 at Fortbridge.net (PR company)
- Clough Curtain JV awarded $209m work order for PNG LNG project at Mineweb.com, 23 February 2011