Clovis West High School
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|1070 East Teague Avenue
Fresno, California 93720
|Mascot||The Golden Eagles|
Clovis West High School (CWHS) is a co-educational, public high school part of the Clovis Unified School District in the well-established suburban community in northeast Fresno, California. It was founded in 1976, and has grades 9-12. Clovis West High School is ranked 206th within California. The AP participation rate at Clovis West High School is 41 percent. 833 tests administered and 71% tested received a score of “3” or higher. The student body makeup is 51 percent male and 49 percent female, and the total minority enrollment is 51 percent, primarily Hispanic. Clovis West High School is one of five high schools in the Clovis Unified School District. It is a National Blue Ribbon School and a California Distinguished School.
In 2010, Clovis West High School attained an API of 852, placing the school towards the top of the California state high schools. The average SAT score for 2010-2011 is 509 (verbal), 540 (mathematics), and 515 (writing). Current results for the school's scoring are maintained at the California Standardized Testing And Reporting (STAR) Program.
The following A.P. courses are offered at Clovis West High School: Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Statistics, Environmental Science, Chemistry, Physics, Economics (Micro & Macro), English Composition, English Literature, World History, American Government, American History, Psychology, Spanish, and Chinese. Each A.P. course requires a specific prerequisite course of study. These prerequisites need to be included in the development of any four-year plan culminating in the A.P. experience. Many AP courses require spring and summer work.
Clovis West High School competes in the California Interscholastic Federation's (CIF) Central Section. The Clovis Olympic Swim Complex, located at Clovis West High School plays host to the CIF State Swim and Dive Championships.
Clovis West Rivalry
Clovis West High School harbors a strong sense of competitiveness with other schools within its district: Clovis North High School, Clovis East High School, Clovis High School, and Buchanan High School.
- Mike Chabala (1984-), Major League Soccer player for the Portland Timbers and D.C. United
- McKay Christensen (1975-), Major League Baseball player, most notably the 2000 Chicago White Sox.
- Kevin Federline (1978-), Dancer, musician, and actor. 
- Dan Klatt (1978-), American water polo player. Member of the 2004 U.S. Olympic water polo team in Athens.
- Nwanneka Okwelogu (Nikki) (1995-), track and field athlete, member of the 2016 Nigerian Olympic Athletics team.
- Aaron Ruell (1976-), American actor and director. Most notable for his role as "Kip" in Napoleon Dynamite.
- Jeff Tuel (1991-), American football quarterback for the Buffalo Bills.
- Billy Volek (1976-), American football quarterback for the San Diego Chargers.
- Michael J. Willett (1989-), American musician and actor.
- Damien Richardson (1976-), American football safety for the Carolina Panthers
- Ruth Lawanson (1963-) Olympic medalist. American Volleyball player. She was on the U.S. national team for four years. She won bronze medals with the team at the 1990 World Championships, 1991 World Cup, and 1992 Summer Olympics.
- "Clovis West High School Web Site :: Principals Message". cusd.com. Retrieved 20 January 2016.
- "California Standardized Testing And Reporting (STAR) Program". ca.gov. Retrieved 20 January 2016.
- "McKay Christensen". Baseball-Reference.com. Retrieved 20 January 2016.
- "Kevin Vs. Jason: How Britney’s Boys Match Up". MTV News. Retrieved 20 January 2016.