|Directed by||George Whaley|
|Music by||Peter Best|
|Distributed by||Australian Broadcasting Corporation|
The film was produced by independent film company Barron Entertainment Films in Western Australia and educational film company WonderWorks in the United States, was directed by George Whaley. It was distributed by Australian Broadcasting Corporation. It featured Australian actors such as Clayton Williamson, Noni Hazelhurst, Ernie Dingo, Rebecca Smart, and Jill Perryman, and also featured veteran American actor Van Johnson along with French actor Jean-Michel Dagory.
Clowning Around features the first film role for Heath Ledger, who appears in the last ten minutes as an orphan clown who closes the film by delivering its final lines. His role was so minor he was not even mentioned in the film's credits.
This series was followed up with a sequel entitled Clowning Around 2, which was filmed in 1992.
- Clayton Williamson as Simon Gunner
- Annie Byron as Una Crealy
- Jean-Michel Dagory as Anatole Tollin
- Ernie Dingo as Jack Merrick
- Van Johnson as Mr. Ranthow
- Rebecca Smart as Linda Crealy
- Noni Hazlehurst as Sarah Gunner
- Jill Perryman as Miss Gabhurst
- Steve Jodrell as Skipper Crealy
- Heath Ledger as orphan clown (uncredited)
|This article related to an Australian film of the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a children's film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|