|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2013)|
In 1998, their second album The Friend I Once Had and the single "Missing You" were released. "Missing You" become a club and radio hit in Spain and somewhat of a college radio favorite in the US. The band started playing live. Their first gig was in New York at a March Records CMJ event in 1999. Their sound had by now developed into a more bossa nova and dance oriented one.
In 2001, Club 8's sound moved toward chill out and trip hop on its third, self-titled album. In the autumn of 2001, the band members used Stockholm's Summersound Studios, writing songs and experimenting with Dub, C-86, trip hop, chill out, 1980s, and bossa nova sounds. The resulting album, released in 2002, is named Spring Came, Rain Fell.
The 2003 follow-up album, Strangely Beautiful, peaked at number 18 on the CMJ charts in the US. For the first time since 1999, the band released a single from the album and a corresponding video. Backed by five exclusive tracks, the song "Saturday Night Engine" was released as a single in the spring of 2003. The video made it to number 16 on the Up North chart on MTV Nordic.
Afterward, Angergård formed a band called The Legends, which recorded three albums between 2004 and 2006. He also helped make an Acid House Kings album in 2005. In 2007, Club 8 released its sixth album The Boy Who Couldn't Stop Dreaming on Labrador.
Club 8's album, The People's Record, was released May 18, 2010 and was produced by Jari Haapalainen. A new album was scheduled to be out on 21 May 2013, per the officially posted video of the new single "Stop Taking My Time" by labradorrecords on YouTube, and was titled Above The City.
- Nouvelle (1996)
- The Friend I Once Had (1998)
- Club 8 (2001)
- Spring Came, Rain Fell (2002)
- Strangely Beautiful (2003)
- The Boy Who Couldn't Stop Dreaming (2007)
- The People's Record (2010)
- Above The City (2013)
EPs and singles
- "Me Too" (1995)
- "Missing You" (1998)
- "Missing You: The Remixes" (1999)
- "Love in December" (2002)
- "Summer Songs" (2002)
- "Saturday Night Engine" (2003)
- "Heaven" (2007)
- "Jesus, Walk With Me" (2008)
- "Shape Up!" (2010)
- "Closer Now" (2010)
- "Kill Kill Kill" (2012)
- "Stop Taking My Time" (2013)
- "I'm Not Gonna Grow Old" (2013)
- Leahey, Andrew. "Club 8 - Music Biography, Credits and Discography". AllMusic. Retrieved 2013-06-03.
- "Club 8 "Stop Taking My Time"". YouTube. Labrador Records (labradorrecords). Retrieved 2 May 2013.
- Sendra, Tim (2013-05-21). "Above the City - Club 8 : Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards". AllMusic. Retrieved 2013-06-03.