Club Atlético Colegiales
|Full name||Club Atlético Colegiales|
|Ground||Estadio Luciano Zacarías|
|League||Paraguay 2nd division|
Club Atlético Colegiales, usually just Atlético Colegiales or simply Colegiales, is a football club from 4 Mojones, Paraguay, founded in 1977 by the Zacarías family. The team currently plays in the second division of the Paraguayan League.
The Zacarías family named the team "Colegiales" (which basically means "students") after their chain of bookstores called "El Colegio" (The College). The team entered the first division in 1982. Colegiales never won a national title in the Liga Paraguaya, however, the few times they have participated in international tournaments they did a good job despite being a very small team from a humble neighbourhood with limited finances. Colegiales best effort was in 1995 when they reached the Copa CONMEBOL semifinals. They have two participations in the Copa Libertadores. In 1991 they qualified to the second round and in 2000 they could not get past the group stage. Colegiales has been coached by Juan Desiderio Zacarías for over 21 years.
- To appear in this section a player must have either:
- Played at least 125 games for the club.
- Set a club record or won an individual award while at the club.
- Been part of a national team squad at any time.
- Played in the first division of any other football association (outside of Paraguay).
- Played in a continental and/or intercontinental competition.
- 1979, 2008
- Semi-Finals (1): 1995
Performance in CONMEBOL competitions
- Copa Libertadores: 2 appearances
- Best: Second Round in 1991
- 1991: Second Round
|This article about sports in Paraguay is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a South American football club is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|