|Studio album by Dannii Minogue|
5 November 2007 (UK)|
27 May 2008 (Australia)
73:51 - Digital Edition|
73:09 - AU Physical Edition
|Label||All Around the World|
|Producer||Thriller J, Jake Schulze, Rob Davis, Roger Sanchez, Lee Monteverde, Jewels & Stone, Flower Power, Soul Seekerz|
|Dannii Minogue chronology|
|Singles from Club Disco|
Club Disco is the fifth and most recent studio album by Australian singer Dannii Minogue. It was released by All Around the World as digitally on 5 November 2007 worldwide. It was also re-released in Australia on 27 May 2008 physically with the new single, 'Touch Me Like That', and a bonus disc of club remixes. The album is heavily inspired by 1980s disco. Six singles were released from the album, "You Won't Forget About Me", "Perfection", "So Under Pressure", "I Can't Sleep at Night", "He's the Greatest Dancer" and "Touch Me Like That" five of which, reached number one on the UK Dance Chart.
After the success of her previous album Neon Nights, Minogue was asked by All Around the World Records, a major dance label, if she would write the lyrics to a popular dance instrumental track called "Flower Power", which was a huge hit in clubs in Ibiza. Minogue agreed and wrote the lyrics to the song that would soon become "You Won't Forget About Me". About writing lyrics for the song Minogue said: "I'd heard it without vocals and I thought, 'Fantastic'. I had already written loads of vocals for myself and knew I had something that would be perfect for it."
By 2005 sessions were well underway with Minogue writing and recording material with longtime collaborators Thriller Jill, J.C.A, who wrote her, "biggest hit", "I Begin To Wonder", Roger Sanchez on the track and "Do You Believe Me Now". Sessions with The Location, Rob Davis, Jewels & Stone, and The Fourty4s also took place. The album took on the working title of Heavy Disco during this time after the line in the J.C.A.-produced "Feel Like I Do". In early 2005, The Location produced, 'Love Fight' was considered for single release, before 'I Can't Sleep At Night' was decided upon. The song received a video and remix treatment before being delayed in favour of a new collaboration with the Soul Seekerz on their instrumental track, 'Turn Me Upside Down'. As a result, "Perfection" was released in October 2005 as the album's second single becoming a major dance hit and reaching number one on the UK Dance Charts.
During this time, All Around The World decided to release a hits compilation to support the upcoming album and her success on the dance music scene. In 2006, Minogue continued writing and recording material with British dance group LMC. During one of their sessions, they penned "So Under Pressure", which was inspired by the cancer diagnoses of her sister Kylie Minogue as well as that of an unnamed friend. Minogue has described the recording of "So Under Pressure" as a "real achievement" as she was "brave enough to put all [her feelings] into words". This song was used to launch the compilation, The Hits & Beyond which included fifteen previously released singles as well as some of the new material as a taster. One of these 'beyond' tracks was 'I Can't Sleep At Night' which was finally released to digital retail outlets as the fourth single in January 2007.
At this time Minogue also recorded a cover of He's The Greatest Dancer as the charity single for that year's Children In Need, it was dropped when Minogue pulled out of Strictly Come Dancing to work on rival TV show The X Factor. The single was replaced in favour of a cover of “Downtown” former Spice Girl Emma Bunton had performed. In December 2006, the track was released to dance clubs in the United Kingdom. It was physically released in Australia by Central Station Records on April 14, 2007 with the UK only receiving a digital release. It was ultimately featured on the album along with another cover track, Xanadu, which was initially recorded for a Departure Lounge compilation series.
The album, now titled 'Club Disco' a reference to Minogue's hypocorism, "Disco", finally saw a release on 5 November 2007. It was initially only released to online music stores. In an interview Minogue stated the decision to release the album digitally saying, "I'm always on the internet buying music so I always want to make it something good". The following month a new single, 'Touch Me Me Like That', a collaboration with Jason Nevins was also released. In 2008, Central Station, Minogue's Australian label, re-released the album physically featuring 'Touch Me Like That', along with a bonus disc of club remixes.
|1.||"Touch Me Like That" (vs. Jason Nevins)||Jason Nevins, Lisa Molina, Sylvester James, James Wirrick||Jason Nevins||3:28|
|2.||"Feel Like I Do"||Dannii Minogue, Jean-Claude Ades, Hannah Robinson||Jean-Claude Ades||3:51|
|3.||"Perfection" (with Soul Seekerz) (Extended Mix)||Minogue, Rob Davis, Therese Grankvist, Julian Napolitano, Simon Langford, Peter Jackson, Gerald Jackson||Soul Seekerz||6:25|
|4.||"You Won't Forget About Me" (vs. Flower Power)||Minogue, Bruce Elliot-Smith, Peter Hammond, Stefano Mazzacani, Andrea Jeannin, Robinson||Flower Power||3:44|
|5.||"Love Fight"||Minogue, Savan Kotecha, Jake Schulze||The Location||3:05|
|6.||"I'm Sorry"||Minogue, Kotecha, Schulze, Carl Bjösell, Carl Falk, Sebastian Thott, Didrik Thott||The Location||3:25|
|7.||"Gone"||Minogue, Terry Ronald, Lee Monteverde, Michael Ward||LMC||3:57|
|8.||"So Under Pressure"||Minogue, Ronald, Monteverde, Ward||LMC||3:53|
|9.||"Good Times" (The Fourty4s' 7" Mix)||Minogue, Klas Wahl, Georgios Nakas, Carl Olsson, Grankvist, Per Stappe||The Fourty4s||4:09|
|10.||"Sunrise"||Julian Gingell, Barry Stone, Minogue, Davis||Jewels & Stone, Rob Davis||3:31|
|11.||"He's the Greatest Dancer"||Nile Rodgers, Bernard Edwards||LMC||3:05|
|12.||"I Can't Sleep at Night"||Gingell, Stone, Minogue, Davis||Jewels & Stone, Rob Davis||3:28|
|13.||"I Will Come to You"||Nina Woodford, Minogue, Davis||Rob Davis||3:54|
|14.||"I've Been Waiting for You"||Ian Masterson, Ronald, Minogue||Thriller Jill||4:36|
|15.||"Round the World"||Minogue, Ian Masterson, Ronald||Thriller Jill||3:33|
|16.||"Do You Believe Me Now?" (with Roger Sanchez)||Roger Sanchez||Roger Sanchez||4:10|
|17.||"Xanadu"||Jeff Lynne||Thriller Jill||5:44|
|18.||"You Won't Forget About Me" (Afterlife Lounge Mix Edit)||Minogue, Elliot-Smith, Hammond, Mazzacani, Jeannin, Robinson||Flower Power||3:36|
|19.||"I Can't Sleep at Night" (Afterlife Lounge Mix)||Gingell, Stone, Minogue, Davis||Jewels & Stone, Rob Davis||5:44|
"Do You Believe Me Now?" is not included on the Australian edition and "Touch Me Like That" is included instead as the opening track with the rest of the songs following.
Australian Bonus Remix Disc
- "Touch Me Like That" with Jason Nevins (Stonebridge Club Mix)
- "He's the Greatest Dancer" (Shapeshifters Remix)
- "Perfection" with Soul Seekerz (Seamus Haji & Paul Emmanuel Remix)
- "So Under Pressure" (Soul Seekerz Extended)
- "You Won't Forget About Me" with Flower Power (Discode Club Mix)
- "I Can't Sleep at Night" (Kenny Hayes Sunshine Funk Mix)
- "Touch Me Like That" with Jason Nevins (Space Cowboy Remix)
- "He's the Greatest Dancer" (Riffs & Rays Remix)
- "Perfection" with Soul Seekerz (Koishii & Hush Remix)
- "So Under Pressure" (Steve Pitron Remix)
Australian iTunes bonus track
- "Do You Believe Me Now?" with Roger Sanchez
All bonus footage appears on the 7digital bundle version of Club Disco.
- "So Under Pressure" (Music Video)
- "I Can't Sleep at Night" (Music Video)
- "Perfection" (Music Video)
- "You Won't Forget About Me" (Music Video)
|Release format||Country||Label||Release date|
|Digital download||United Kingdom||All Around The World||5 November 2007|
|Physical edition||Australia||Central Station||27 May 2008|
|UK Dance Albums (OCC)||8|
|UK Digital Albums (OCC)||17|
- Artwork By - Central Station Records
- Other [Dannii Minogue Worldwide Representation] - Melissa Le Gear, Nathan Smith
- Other [Legal] - Mark Klemens
- Other [Personal Assistant To Dannii Minogue] - Tori King
- Other [Very Special Thanks To] - George Nakas (Forty Four's), Ian Masterson (Thriller Jill), Jake Schultz (The Location), Rob Davis, Terry Ronald (Thriller Jill)
- Photography - Cody Burridge
- Photography [Additional] - Andrew Hobbs
- Producer - Lee Monteverde (tracks: 1-07, 1-08, 1-11), Rob Davis (tracks: 1-10, 1-12, 1-13), Thriller Jill (tracks: 1-14, 1-15, 1-16)
- Nathan Smith. "Dannii Minogue - Club Disco - Digital Download Album" Archived 23 October 2007 at the Wayback Machine.. Dannii.aatwc.com (Official Online Forum). 9 October 2007. Retrieved 9 October 2007.
- Lucas, John. "The Hits & Beyond Review". Allmusic. Retrieved 17 April 2008.
- "Listing". Danniimusic.com. Retrieved 2012-06-20.
- "Official Dance Albums Chart Top 40". Official Charts Company.
- "Official Album Downloads Chart Top 100". Official Charts Company.