|Architect||Fred Willson, Frank Wullus|
|NRHP reference No.||86001498|
|Added to NRHP||August 14, 1986|
The Club Moderne is a bar in Anaconda, Montana, United States, in the Streamline Moderne style. It was designed by architect Fred F. Willson and built by Frank Wullus in 1937 for John Francisco. The facade was clad in Carrara glass. The interior was similarly custom-designed and remained in a high state of preservation, with appropriate renovations in 1948. Chosen as "America's Favorite Historic Bar" in 2016 in a contest sponsored by the National Trust for Historic Preservation, beating out another notable Montana venue, the Sip 'n Dip Lounge, The building was heavily damaged by fire on the evening of October 3, 2016. The current owner, who owned the bar since 1997, expressed an intent to rebuild. Following a soft reopening on April 28, 2017, the remodeled bar reopened to the public on May 13, 2017. The owners had to replace much of the interior and refurbish the exterior, but attempted to retain its traditional look and feel. The bar and a few original furnishings were preserved along with some of the original facade.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. April 15, 2008.
- Hawley, Monica E. "Anaconda Historic District, Club Moderne, 801 East Park Avenue, Anaconda, Deer Lodge County, MT". Historic American Buildings Survey. Library of Congress. Retrieved 20 October 2013.
- Emeigh, John (October 4, 2016). "Club Moderne bar in Anaconda destroyed in a fire". KXLH. Archived from the original on 25 October 2016. Retrieved 24 October 2016.
- firstname.lastname@example.org, Annie Pentilla. "Club Moderne: 'Where everyone knew your name'". Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- "Club Moderne, Our 2016 Big Tap Tournament Winner, Damaged by Fire - Connect with @SavingPlaces - National Trust for Historic Preservation". Archived from the original on 25 October 2016. Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- "Owner of Club Moderne plans to rebuild". Retrieved 3 November 2016.
- email@example.com, Annie Pentilla (May 12, 2017). "'Home sweet home': Fire-ravaged Club Moderne reopens Saturday with all-day party". Montana Standard. Retrieved 9 July 2017.
- Historic American Buildings Survey (HABS) No. MT-53-A, "Anaconda Historic District, Club Moderne, 801 East Park Avenue, Anaconda, Deer Lodge County, MT", 5 photos, 1 color transparency, 2 data pages, 2 photo caption pages