Clubland (2007 film)
|Directed by||Cherie Nowlan|
|Produced by||Tristan Whalley
|Written by||Keith Thompson|
|Music by||Daniel Denholm|
|Edited by||Scott Gray|
|28 June 2007|
Clubland, internationally known as Introducing the Dwights, is a 2007 Australian comedy film, directed by Cherie Nowlan, written by Keith Thompson, and starring Oscar nominee Brenda Blethyn and Emma Booth. The film was nominated for eleven AFI awards, winning the award for best supporting actress for Emma Booth. It sold to Warner Independent Pictures for $4.1 million, after debuting at Sundance Film Festival, where it gained standing ovations. The film opened in the U.S. on 4 July holiday weekend, the first Australian film ever to do so.
Life for shy 21-year-old Tim Maitland (Khan Chittenden) is not always smooth sailing. His mum Jean (Brenda Blethyn) is a cafeteria worker by day who hits the comedy club circuit by night, while his dad John (Frankie J. Holden) is busy trying to recapture his fifteen minutes of fame from when he was a country and western singer back in 1975. But when the feisty beautiful Jill (Emma Booth) walks into Tim's life, things seem to be looking up. Unfortunately, there's another woman in Tim's life, one who will stand between him and the perfect romance... his mother!
- Brenda Blethyn — Jean Dwight
- Khan Chittenden — Tim Maitland
- Emma Booth — Jill
- Richard Wilson — Mark
- Philip Quast — Ronnie Stubbs
- Frankie J. Holden — John Maitland
- Rebecca Gibney — Lana
- Katie Wall — Kelly
Clubland grossed $1,501,002 at the box office in Australia.
- LinkedIn Rosemary Blight. Retrieved 13 March 2015.
- Dawson, Nick (4 Jul 2007). "Cherie Nowlan, Introducing The Dwights". Filmmaker. Retrieved 14 March 2015.
- RGM Artists Cherie Nowlan. Retrieved 14 March 2015.
- Urban Cinephile NOWLAN, CHERIE - CLUBLAND. (28 June 2007) Retrieved 14 March 2015.
- "Sundance blasts off with Clubland and Noise selection". Screen Australia. 1 December 2006. Retrieved 10 November 2013.
- Sundance Institute Clubland (Introducing the Dwights). Retrieved 14 March 2015.
- Maddox, Garry (24 January 2007). "Aussie movie hits jackpot at Sundance". Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 14 March 2015.
- Film Victoria Australian Films at the Australian Box Office. Retrieved 10 March 2015.
- Clubland at the Internet Movie Database
- Clubland at Rotten Tomatoes
- Goalpost Pictures Website
- Clubland at the National Film and Sound Archive.
- 'Introducing the Dwights' Trailer