Clueso at Erfurt (2006)
|Birth name||Thomas Hübner|
|Born||April 9, 1980|
|Genres||Reggae, German hip-hop, and Pop|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer|
|Labels||Four Music/Sony Music Entertainment|
Clueso, named after Inspector Clouseau in The Pink Panther, started making music in 1995. In 1998 he got to know his future manager Andreas Welskop and gave up his hairdressing apprenticeship. His first vinyl Clüsolo was released on BMG Ufa the same year. In 1999 he moved to the 10vor10-Studios in Köln with Welskop. A year later he signed a label contract at Four Music and released Text und Ton in 2001. Around that time he performed with Curfew at the MTV HipHop Open in Stuttgart and at Beats for Life in Köln.
In 2002, Clueso moved back to Erfurt and recorded the Rowdy-Club-Tape 2002. One year later, he started producing his second album Gute Musik, which translates to "good music" (featuring Blumentopf, Steer M, Tilmann Jarmer, Delhia, Tim Neuhaus and Jürgen Kerth), which was finished by 2004. It does not contain any English tracks and concentrates on singing rather than rapping.
In 2005, Clueso represented Thuringia in the Bundesvision Song Contest 2005, with the song "Kein Bock zu gehen", placing 7th with 63 points. The same year he was the partner of Start Ab, the "biggest non-commercial remix contest in Europe".
On May 19 in 2006, his third album Weit weg was brought out, where also the song Chicago was to be found. In conjunction with the STÜBAphilharmonie, a Thuringian orchestra, Clueso gave a concert in the Fritz-Club in the former Postbahnhof in Berlin on February 3 in 2007, where he performed his songs together with the orchestra and his band in an arrangement for more than 70 instruments. This concert was also released on DVD, entitled Clueso Live or Clueso- Weit weg-Live. In May and June 2007, Clueso was the opening act of Herbert Grönemeyer's 12-Tour and in the same year he was nominated by 1 live for the 1 live radio listener's award, the 1LIVE Krone, in the category Best Live Act.
In September 2007, the single Lala, a song, which was especially recorded for the movie Leroy, was released. On February 14 in 2008, Clueso again represented the Federal State of Thuringia in Stefan Raab's Bundesvision Song Contest. With his song Keinen Zentimeter, he came second, only one point behind the winner. On May 30 in 2008, his fourth album So sehr dabei and his second single out of it Mitnehm were released. The third single from this album,Niemand an dich denkt, followed in October 2008.
In December 2010 Clueso released a book "Clueso. Von und über" (Clueso. Made By and About).
The fifth studio album "An und für sich" ("In and of itself") was released on March 25, 2011. Same year Clueso collaborated with Udo Lindenberg performing the song “Cello" on the album "MTV unplugged – Live im Hotal Atlantic". The song was released as a single also reaching number 4 in the German charts. It is the best sold track naming Clueso as artist so far.
Singles / maxis
- 2000 - The Disk feat. Metaphysics
- 2000 - Spiel da nich mit ("Don't play along with it")
- 2001 - Sag mir wo ("Tell me where")
- 2003 - Extended Player EP
- 2004 - Wart' mal ("Just wait")
- 2005 - Kein Bock zu geh'n (#65 German Top 100) ("Don't wanna go")
- 2005 - Pizzaschachteln ("Pizza boxes")
- 2005 - Komm schlaf bei mir ("Clueso Singt Rio Reiser") ("Come, sleep here with me")
- 2006 - Chicago (#60 German Top 100)
- 2006 - Out Of Space
- 2007 - Chicago (Live)
- 2007 - Lala (For the movie Leroy)
- 2008 - Keinen Zentimeter (#15 German Top 100) ("Not a Centimetre")
- 2008 - Mitnehm' (#79 German Top 100) ("Take along")
- 2008 - Niemand An Dich Denkt (#83 German Top 100) ("Nobody's thinking about you")
- 2009 - Gewinner (#21 German Top 100) ("Winner")
- 2011 - Zu Schnell Vorbei (#38 German Top 100) ("Too Quickly Gone")
- 2011 - "Du bleibst" ("You stay")
- 2011 - "Beinah" ("Almost")
- 2011 - "Cello" Udo Lindenberg feat. Clueso (#4 German Top 100)
- 2014 - "Freidrehen" ("Go Crazy")
- 2001 - Text und Ton ("Lyrics and Sound")
- 2004 - Gute Musik (#53 German Top 100) ("Good music")
- 2006 - Weit Weg (#12 German Top 100, DE: Gold) ("Far away")
- 2008 - So Sehr Dabei (#3 German Top 100, DE: Gold) ("So Very Present")
- 2009 - So Sehr Dabei Live ("So Very Present Live")
- 2010 - Clueso & STÜBA Philharmonie (#11 German Top 100)
- 2011 - An und für sich ("In and of itself") (#2 German Top 100)
- 2014 - Stadtrandlichter ("Lights of the Outskirts") (#1 German Top 100)
- 01.06.-14.06.2004 - Gute Musik / Rücken zur Wand Tour with Franky Kubrick
- 19.11.-16.12.2004 - supporting Die Fantastischen Vier on Viel unterwegs Tour
- 13.05.-02.10.2005 - Clueso & Band / summer tour 2005
- 21.10.-27.12.2008 - Clueso & Band "So sehr dabei" Club
- 11.09.2009 - Expo Gelände Hannover N-joy Konzert
- 29.03.2011 - 14.10.2011 - "An und für sich" tour
- 24.07.2011 - Das Fest Karlsruhe
- 24.11.-27.12.2014 - Stadtrandlichter Tour 2014