The Clumsy Lovers are a folk rock/bluegrass/Celtic jam band formed in Vancouver, British Columbia with more than 2500 performances in the United States and Canada. The 2015 line-up consists of Jason Homey on banjo and mandolin, Jeff Leonard on bass guitar and vocals, Chandra Johnson on fiddle and vocals, Devin Rice on drums, and Trevor Rogers on vocals and guitar.
All of the band's original members were previously members of The Paperboys, reforming as The Clumsy Lovers in 1993 after the Paperboys' original lineup broke up due to creative differences.
Later many of the original members left, and the band changed its name temporarily to the Six Million Dollar Band. In 2002 the Clumsy Lovers toured Canada and the US. with Devon Wells, and have performed in various rock clubs. Fiddler Jode and songwriter Chris Jonat are a former members of the band, as is Andrea Lewis.
The band has officially released seven independent albums and released two others, After the Flood and Smart Kid with the Nettwerk Music Group.
- The Red Tape (1993)
- Picture This (1998)
- Barnburner (1999)
- Still Clumsy After All These Years (2000)
- Live (2001)
- Under The Covers (2002)
- After The Flood (2004)
- Smart Kid (2005)
- Make Yourself Known (2009)
- "Clumsy Lovers After the Flood". Exclaim!, By David McPherson Mar 01, 2004
- "After The Flood - Clumsy Lovers". WorldBeat Canada.
- "Start With Rock, Add Some Celtic And End Up With Clumsy Lovers". Spokesman-Review, MARCH 6, 1998. By Winda Benedetti
- "Bluegrass banjo at Bistro". Tri City News. August 24, 2015
- Rock Clubs Still Key Touring Component. Billboard. Nielsen Business Media, Inc. 1 June 2002. pp. 86–. ISSN 0006-2510.
- "The pipes were calling. West St. Paul family answered.". Debra O'connor | Pioneer Press, March 15, 2014
- "Clumsy Lovers - Smart Kid". No Depression, October 31, 2005
- "The Clumsy Lovers Smart Kid". Pop Matters, by Justin Cober-Lake 3 August 2005
- "Clumsy Lovers Under The Covers". Plugin Music,
- "The Clumsy Lovers - Smart Kid". Paste By Jim Motavalli | August 31, 2005