Type of site
|Owner||Yippy, Inc. Atlanta, GA|
|Created by||Carnegie Mellon University researchers|
|Alexa rank||117,450 (Feb. 2016[update])|
Clusty was developed by Vivísimo. Vivísimo was a company built on Web search technology developed by Carnegie Mellon University researchers, much like Lycos was a decade earlier. Clusty added new features and a new interface to the previous Vivisimo clustering web metasearch. Different tabs also offer metasearches for news, jobs (in partnership with Indeed.com), U.S. government info and blogs. Customized tabs allow users to select sources for their own metasearch to create personalized tabs.
2012 Yippy received "Welcome to the Cloud" as a registered trademark with the USPTO.
Yippy acquired MuseGlobal 6,500 pre-built Smart Connectors fully documented Source Factory that monitors, maintains and updates the Muse Smart Connectors on a 24/7 basis and guarantees high sustainable and scalable use.
2015 Globalstar Selects Yippy, Inc. to Provide Next Generation Cloud, Security and Access Services.
Yippy releases its Yippy Search Appliance (YSA) as a Google Search Appliance (GSA) replacement to market after Google announced it was sunsetting the GSA and capitalize on the $500M revenue from the GSA.
Yippy, Inc. (YIPI) to Support Globalstar's (GSAT) Software Services Initiative to Market the Worldwide Distribution of Yippy's Data Compression Software and Associated Technologies.
Yippy received "Welcome to your Data" as a registered trademark with the USPTO.
- "Yippy.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2016-02-06.
- "Yippy growing by leaps, bounds". The News-Press. 23 May 2010. Retrieved 24 May 2010.
- "Yippy, Inc. (YIPI) Receives Two Trademarks from USPTO". OTC Markets. June 7, 2012. Retrieved 10 August 2017.
- Myers, Fort (June 19, 2013). "Yippy Licenses MuseGlobal's Muse Content Connector Technology". Yippy Inc. Retrieved 10 August 2017.
- "Globalstar Announces Next Generation Technology Agreement With Yippy, Inc". GlobeNewswire. December 17, 2015. Retrieved 10 August 2017.
- "The Best Google Search Appliance (GSA) Replacement". Yippy Inc. Retrieved 10 August 2017.
- "Yippy to Support Globalstar's Software Services Worldwide Distribution". Yippy Inc. April 7, 2017. Retrieved 10 August 2017.