This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||May 25, 1954|
|Known for||Parallel computing|
Clyde P. Kruskal (born May 25, 1954) is an American computer scientist, working on parallel computing architectures, models, and algorithms. He got his A.B. degree in mathematics and computer science from Brandeis University, M.Sc. (1978) and Ph.D. (1981) from New York University under Jack Schwartz. Since then he has worked as assistant professor at University of Illinois (1981–85) and University of Maryland, College Park (1985–88), as associate professor (1988–). He has published extensively, becoming an ISI highly cited researcher. His father was the world-renowned mathematician Martin Kruskal.
- Clyde P. Kruskal, "Searching, Merging, and Sorting in Parallel Computation", IEEE Trans. Comput. 32 942-946 (1983)
- Clyde P. Kruskal and Marc Snir, "The Performance of Multistage Interconnection Networks for Multiprocessors", IEEE Trans. Comput. 32 1091-1098 (1983)
- Clyde P. Kruskal, Larry Rudolph and Marc Snir, "The Power of Parallel Prefix", IEEE Trans. Comput. 34 965-968 (1985)
- Clyde P. Kruskal and Alan Weiss, "Allocating Independent Subtasks on Parallel Processors", IEEE Trans. Software Eng. 11 1001-1016 (1985)
- Clyde P. Kruskal and Marc Snir, "A Unified Theory of Interconnection Network Structure", Theor. Comput. Sci. 48 75-94 (1986)
- Clyde P. Kruskal, Larry Rudolph and Marc Snir, "Efficient Synchronization on Multiprocessors with Shared Memory". ACM Trans. Program. Lang. Syst. 10 579-601 (1988)
- Clyde P. Kruskal, Marc Snir and Alan Weiss, "The Distribution of Waiting Times in Clocked Multistage Interconnection Networks", IEEE Trans. Comput. 37 1337-1352 (1988)
- Clyde P. Kruskal, Larry Rudolph and Marc Snir, "Techniques for Parallel Manipulation of Sparse Matrices", Theor. Comput. Sci. 64 135-157 (1989)
- Clyde P. Kruskal, Larry Rudolph and Marc Snir, "A Complexity Theory of Efficient Parallel Algorithms", Theor. Comput. Sci. 71 95-132 (1990)
- Clyde P. Kruskal and Marc Snir, "Cost-Performance Tradeoffs for Interconnection Networks", Discrete Applied Mathematics 37/38 359-385 (1992)
- Herlihy, Maurice; Shavit, Nir (2008). The art of multiprocessor programming. Morgan Kaufmann. p. 118. ISBN 978-0-12-370591-4. Retrieved 21 April 2011.
- Kruskal, P.; M. Snir (Dec 1983). "The Performance of Multistage Interconnection Networks for Multiprocessors". IEEE Transactions on Computers. 32 (12): 1091–1098. doi:10.1109/TC.1983.1676169.