Clyde Peeling's Reptiland
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (November 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|No. of species||40|
Clyde Peeling's Reptiland, which opened in 1964, is a zoo located in Allenwood, Pennsylvania and specializes in reptiles and amphibians. The zoo houses mambas, cobras, vipers, pythons and other snakes, as well as alligators, tortoises, lizards, and frogs. Reptiland has been an accredited member of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA) since 1986.
The zoo features a multi-media show about the world of reptiles and a live lecture demonstration. The zoo also offers a behind the scenes tour with information how a modern animal care facility is run; visitors are encouraged to learn about daily routines, animal husbandry and venomous snake handling procedures.
Exhibits and other facilities
The 6,500 square feet (600 m2) Reptile and Amphibian Gallery houses more than 40 species in naturalistic habitats. In the summer, tortoises and aquatic turtles live outdoors in the gardens. The property includes outdoor picnic facilities and parking are available for visitors. In addition to on-site exhibitions, the zoo advertises travelling exhibitions, designed to be presented at museums, science centres and zoos.
- "Clyde Peeling's Reptiland". reptiland.com. Reptiland. Retrieved 27 February 2010.
- "About Reptiland". reptiland.com. Reptiland. Retrieved 27 February 2010.
- "List of Accredited Zoos and Aquariums". aza.org. AZA. Retrieved 11 April 2010.
- Schubert, Melody (2007-07-31). "PA: Discover The Amazing Creatures At Clyde Peeling's Reptiland". americanchronicle.com. American Chronicle. Retrieved 2 March 2010.
- "Clyde Peelings Reptiland in Allenwood, Pennsylvania". city-data.com. City-Data.com. Retrieved 2 March 2010.