|Elevation||72 ft (22 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||312778|
Clyo is an unincorporated community in Effingham County, Georgia, United States. The community is located along Georgia State Route 119, 8.1 miles (13.0 km) north-northeast of Springfield. Clyo has a post office with ZIP code 31303.
"Tuckasee King", a former variant name of Clyo, served as Effingham County seat from 1784 until 1787. A post office called Clyo has been in operation since 1897. The community was named after Clio, the muse of history in Greek mythology.
- "Clyo". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- United States Postal Service. "USPS - Look Up a ZIP Code". Retrieved November 21, 2015.
- "Postmaster Finder - Post Offices by ZIP Code". United States Postal Service. Retrieved November 21, 2015.
- "Effingham County". New Georgia Encyclopedia. Retrieved 8 April 2018.
- "Post Offices". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 8 April 2018.
- Krakow, Kenneth K. (1975). Georgia Place-Names: Their History and Origins (PDF). Macon, GA: Winship Press. p. 46. ISBN 0-915430-00-2.
|This Georgia (U.S. state) location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|