|Headquarters||Cluj-Napoca, Cluj, Romania|
|Roman Foeckl, CEO|
Number of employees
CoSoSys is a developer and vendor of security software and hardware appliances including endpoint security, data loss prevention (DLP), Mobile Device Management (MDM), device control, encryption software and portable software.
Founded in 2004 CoSoSys is a privately owned company. The company was acquired in January 2011 by Astaro, a privately held provider of network security solutions, headquartered in Wilmington, Massachusetts, USA and Karlsruhe, Germany. In May 2011, Sophos announced it had entered into an agreement to acquire Astaro. In July 2011 CoSoSys management and founder led a management buyout to become an independent software vendor. In 2011 the company was a winner of the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Central Europe award. The company has offices in Germany, USA and Romania. The company employs approximately 40 staff worldwide. The company's original focus was on the enhancement of portable storage devices like USB flash drives or external hard drives with data backup and data synchronization features and security. Currently, the company offers an endpoint centric management suite for SMBs and enterprises called Endpoint Protector that enables network and IT administrators to control the use of company data on portable and mobile devices. The company is providing its solution as virtual appliance or hardware appliance. CoSoSys also aims at educating users about the risks associated with the careless and unencrypted use of sensible data to prevent data losses and data theft.
- Endpoint Protector, data loss prevention for Windows and Mac OS X
- My Endpoint Protector (device control for software as a service)
- EasyLock encryption for Windows, Mac OS X, openSUSE, Ubuntu
- Carry it Easy +Plus 
- AutoRun Disable
- "Romania Proving Popular As Software Outsourcing Destination". Information Week.
- "CoSoSys Rolls Out Device Control And Endpoint Security Hardware Appliance".
- "Astaro acquires CoSoSys".
- "CoSoSys Acquired By Unified Threat Management Vendor Astaro".
- "CoSoSys splits from owners Astaro, Sophos in MBO".
- "Deloitte Technology Fast 50 in central Europe - Winners in central Europe".
- "CoSoSys, inclusă în Deloitte Technology FAST 50-2011 (in Romanian)".
- "CoSoSys puts the fun back in security threats".
- "Internet safe zone not 'bulletproof'".
- "5 things to note about iCloud security".
- "Data Loss Prevention für die Cloud (in German)".
- "Demystifying IT security buzzwords)".
- "Review of the CoSoSys Endpoint Protector Data Leakage Appliance".
- "CoSoSys unveils endpoint protection web service".
- "EasyLock v2 offers secure encryption on multiple platforms".
- "Carry it Easy +Plus review".
- "Cososys upgrades tool designed to close Windows flaw".