Coalition of Graduate Employee Unions
|Full name||Coalition of Graduate Employee Unions|
|Country||United States, Canada|
The Coalition of Graduate Employee Unions consists of unions representing graduate employees (also known as academic student employees or ASEs) at universities in Canada and the United States. The coalition formed in 1992 and each year it organizes a yearly conference at which representatives from graduate employee unions come together to teach and learn from each other about organizing, negotiating contracts, tactics, and mobilization of members. In past conferences, the delegates spent part of one of the days on the picket line in solidarity with a group of striking workers in the city hosting the conference, but this has not occurred in recent years. In the period between conferences CGEU provides a forum for graduate employee unions to share information with each other, and maintains a website with information about graduate employee organizing.
The coalition is made up of locals from many different international unions, such as: the American Federation of Teachers, the United Auto Workers, the Communication Workers of America, UNITE HERE, United Electrical Workers, National Education Association, American Association of University Professors, and the Canadian Union of Public Employees, as well as some number of independent unions.
- UAW Local 2865 - University of California academic student employee union
- UAW Local 4123 - California State University academic student employee union
- UAW Local 4121 - University of Washington academic student employee union
- UAW Local 2322 - University of Massachusetts Amherst academic student employee union
- TSSU - Simon Fraser University Teaching Assistant and Sessional employee union
|This article related to a North American labor union or trade union is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|