Coatesville, New Zealand
Coatesville is a small, affluent rural community situated approximately 30 km north-west of Auckland. Albany lies to the east, Paremoremo to the south, Riverhead to the south-west, and Dairy Flat to the north.
Coatesville School is a coeducational contributing primary (years 1-6) school with a decile rating of 10 and a roll of 287. A school was first established in the area in 1916, but it closed in 1920. A new school opened in 1923.
Coatesville Playcentre started in Coatesville Hall in the 1970s before moving into a purpose built centre next to the school in the 1980s. Playcentre offers parent-led early childhood education for children aged 0–5 years.
Coatesville Learning Centre opened in 2012 catering for 1-5 year old children.
- Peter Dowling (editor) (2004). Reed New Zealand Atlas. Reed Books. pp. map 11. ISBN 0-7900-0952-8.
- Roger Smith, GeographX (2005). The Geographic Atlas of New Zealand. Robbie Burton. pp. map 34. ISBN 1-877333-20-4.
- "A Brief History of Coatesville". Coatesville Residents and Ratepayers Association. Archived from the original on August 6, 2007. Retrieved 2008-08-28.
- "Mincher". Friar's Gardens of New Zealand. Retrieved 2008-08-28.
- "Woodbridge". New Zealand Gardens Trust. Archived from the original on May 20, 2007. Retrieved 2008-08-28.
- "Twin Lakes". New Zealand Gardens Trust. Retrieved 2008-08-28.[dead link]
- "Te Kete Ipurangi - Coatesville School". Ministry of Education.[permanent dead link]
|This Auckland Region-related geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|