Coatesville Area School District
|Coatesville Area School District|
|545 East Lincoln Highway
Coatesville, Pennsylvania, Chester 19320
|Superintendent||Dr. Cathy Taschner|
|Color(s)||Red and Black|
|Revenue||Tax Collector - Berkheimer Tax Administrator 610-599-3143|
The Coatesville Area School District (CASD) covers the City of Coatesville, the Boroughs of Modena and South Coatesville and Caln Township, East Fallowfield Township, Sadsbury Township, Valley Township, West Brandywine Township and West Caln Township in Chester County, Pennsylvania. The district operates Coatesville Area High School (11th-12th), 9/10 Center (9th-10th), Gordon Education Center (6th-12th), North Brandywine Middle School (6th-8th), Scott Middle School(6th-8th), South Brandywine Middle School (6th-8th), Caln Elementary School (K-5th), East Fallowfield Elementary School (K-5th), Friendship Elementary School (K-5th), King's Highway Elementary School (K-5th), Rainbow Elementary School (K-5th) and Reeceville Elementary School (K-5th).
In August 2013, district superintendent Richard Como and athletics director Jim Donato left their jobs following the discovery of racist text messages on their district-provided mobile phones. Both were arrested in 2014 on charges of theft and state ethics violations.
Dr. Angelo Romaniello Jr. has been appointed acting superintendent following Como's departure.
- Aubrey Whelan and Michaelle Bond (September 23, 2013). "Coatesville parents demand firing of officials over racist texts". The Inquirer. Philadelphia. Retrieved 24 September 2013.
- Bender, William (September 23, 2013). "Racial epithets litter text messages of Coatesville school officials". Daily News. Philadelphia. Retrieved September 24, 2013.
- Williams, Mary Elizabeth (September 24, 2013). "A school official’s unbelievably racist texts". Salon. Salon.com. Retrieved September 24, 2013.
- Bond, Michaelle. "Coatesville shakes up school district staff after scandal". Philadelphia Inquirer. Retrieved 10 February 2015.
- Conlon, Kevin; Botelho, Greg (May 7, 2014). "DA: First-grader brings his grandmother's heroin to school". CNN.com. Retrieved May 7, 2014.
- Coatesville Area School District
|This Pennsylvania school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|