Coatue is a technology sector hedge fund that invests in public and private equity markets. It is led by Philippe Laffont, who founded the hedge fund after leaving Tiger Management in 1999 (as one of 32 "tiger cubs" ). It is based in New York City, with a second office in Menlo Park, California.
On February 1, 2013, it launched a new hybrid fund (Coatue Hybrid Fund 1) to focus on high-growth pre-IPO startups, raising over $300 million. On May 1, 2013, it launched a new "long-only" fund (Coatue Long-Only Partners).
In 2014, it announced plans to raise money for a second hybrid fund (Coatue Hybrid Fund II) that deals with venture capital investments in new technology companies. It raised over $543 million for its second hybrid fund by 2015.
- "Opalesque Exclusive: Julian Robertson reveals what makes a good hedge fund manager on Opalesque TV - Opalesque". Opalesque.com. Retrieved May 7, 2016.
- "Philippe Laffont,Founder & CEO - Coatue Invest: Part I". Retrieved May 7, 2016.
- "Coatue Invest Manager Monday: Novus". Https:. Retrieved May 7, 2016.
- "Hedge fund spending $70M for these tech stock ideas". Cnbc.com. Retrieved May 7, 2016.
- "Coatue Invest Raises $543M for Second PE Fund". Valuewalk.com. Retrieved May 7, 2016.
- "Laffont's Coatue Invest Launches Long-Only Fund". Institutionalinvestorsalpha.com. Retrieved May 7, 2016.
- "Tech-Focused Hedge Fund to Return $2 Billion to Investors". The New York Times. April 8, 2014. Retrieved May 7, 2016.
- "Coatue Invest". Retrieved May 7, 2016.
|This article about a financial services corporation of the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|