Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cobhlaith (older spelling: Cobhfhlaith) is an Irish language female given name believed to mean 'victorious sovereignty'. This name was relatively common in the early Irish period and has on occasion been anglicised as 'Cowley'.
Bearers of the name
- Cobhlaith ingen Canonn, died 690.
- Cobhlaith ingen Ceallaich Cualann, Princess of Leinster, died 725.
- Cobhlaith ingen Cathail, Abbess of Cluana Cuibhtin, died 766.
- Cobhlaith ingen Duibh Duin, Abbess of Kildare, died 914.
- Cobhlaith Ní Conchobuir, Princess of Connacht, died 1395.
|given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.This page or section lists people that share the same|