Cobra (Chinese band)
Cobra (眼镜蛇乐队 Yanjingshe yuedui) was an all-female rock band from Beijing, China. The band formed in 1989, becoming the first all-female rock band in mainland China. With only one album out, they disbanded in the late 1990s. Their style was a gloomy, bluesy type of hard rock with slight touches of new wave and alternative metal. Cobra was very popular in the beginning of their career.
- 1994 - First released as Hypocrisy (Germany 1994, USA 1996) republished as Yanjingshe (China 1996)
- 2000 - Cobra - Yangjingshe II (China)
- Ian Peddie Popular Music and Human Rights: World music 2011 - Page 133 "However, by the time the first rock bands appeared in Beijing, Mao had died (1976) and John Lennon had been shot ... and Panther (Hei Bao) already existed, and new bands like Breathing (Huxi), the all-female band Cobra (Yanjing she) ..."
- Chime: Newsletter of the European Foundation for Chinese Music ... 1999- Issues 12-13 - Page 153 Cobra recorded their first solo-CD 'Hypocrisy' after a successful tour through Germany in 1993. It was published by Network Medien GmbH'. Frankfurt. 1994. in cooperation with the Hans der Kulturen tier Welt. Berlin Later, the record was also published in China under the title Yanjing she (Cobra), by the China Record Corporation. Guangzhou. 1996 In the course of time, the music market
- Wong, Cynthia P. (2005). "Lost Lambs": Rock, Gender, Authenticity, and A Generational Response to Modernity in the People's Republic of China." Ph.D. dissertation. New York, New York: Columbia University, 2005.
|This article on a Chinese band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|