Florian K. shot a school psychologist in the thigh when she attempted to take the gun from him. According to police reports, he then committed suicide by shooting himself in the head. Before he began shooting, Florian showed the gun to other students and passed around ammunition, which some students kept as souvenirs.
|Born||July 13, 1986|
|Died||July 2, 2003
Coburg, Bavaria, Germany
|Criminal status||Deceased (suicide)|
Florian K. (name undisclosed by news sources), the gunman and student, fired his Walther PPK pistol at his teacher, who was unarmed. The gun was owned by Florian's father, who was a member of a local gun club. Media speculation further implicated Florian in Satanist cult activities and was a fan of Dark Funeral.
- Paterson, Tony (3 July 2003). "Pupil kills himself in school shooting". The Independent. London. Retrieved 12 March 2009.
- Amoklauf - Schüler schießt auf Lehrerin und tötet sich danach selbst
- Schüler schießt Lehrerin an und tötet sich selbst
- Amoklauf an der Realschule in Coburg
- "Der Amokläufer von Coburg" (in German). July 2003. Archived from the original on May 3, 2005. Retrieved 12 March 2009.
- Studientage: „Sekten und dunkle Jugendkulturen“