Aadesh-class patrol vessel
|Builders:||Cochin Shipyard Limited, Kochi, India|
|Operators:||Indian Coast Guard|
|Preceded by:||Rajshree class|
|Type:||Fast patrol vessel|
|Displacement:||298 long tons (303 t)|
|Length:||50 m (164 ft 1 in)|
|Beam:||7.6 m (24 ft 11 in)|
|Draught:||1.63 m (5 ft 4 in)|
|Depth:||4.65 m (15 ft 3 in)|
|Speed:||Over 33 knots (61 km/h; 38 mph)|
|Endurance:||1,500 nmi (2,800 km; 1,700 mi) at 14 kn (26 km/h; 16 mph)|
|Boats & landing
|Complement:||6 officers and 34 sailors|
|Armament:||1 × 30 mm (1.2 in) CRN 91 Naval Gun, Small arms and ammunition|
Aadesh-class patrol vessels are a series of 20 fast patrol vessels (FPV) being built by Cochin Shipyard Limited for the Indian Coast Guard at its shipyard located at Kochi, Kerala. The ships have been designed by M/s Smart Engineering & Design Solutions (SEDS), Kochi.
These vessels have a length of 50 metres, beam of 7.6 metres and draught of 1.6 metres with a design speed of over 33 knots. They are powered by Tognum supplied triple type 16V 4000 M90 engines with an output of 2,720 kW (3,648 bhp) @ 2,100 rpm, coupled with ZF 7600 gearboxes and propelled by triple Rolls-Royce Kamewa 71S3np water jets. This enables vessels to operate in shallow waters and offer higher speeds and better manoeuvrability than conventional propellers. MTU ‘Callosum’ ship automation system provides an integrated solution for monitoring all ship’s services that also incorporates fire detection and extinguishing systems. The navigation package is being supplied by Northrop Grumman's Sperry Marine business unit which includes VisionMaster™ Total Watch™ multi-function displays, electronic chart display and information system (ECDIS), autopilot, magnetic compass and the NAVIGAT 3000™ fiber optic gyro-compass.
The vessels are equipped with a long-range gun and ultra-modern vessel control, navigation and communication tools. The vessels are capable of 7 days' continuous deployment at sea without replenishing. These FPVs are small in size when compared to the large vessels that Cochin Shipyard has built. But designing and building these vessels posed challenges to the yard as these are extremely weight-sensitive vessels. Hence extensive use of aluminium in the superstructure has been made, and Cochin Shipyard has developed special techniques to ensure high-quality welding and fabrication of aluminium structures. The shipyard has achieved excellent weight control on these ships right through the build process which resulted in difference between the design weight and actual weight of only about 2 metric tons, i.e. a difference of less than 1%. All the vessels delivered have achieved speeds in excess of the contracted speed during sea trials and surpassed the expectations of Indian Coast Guard with regard to the performance requirements.
The primary role of the vessel include fisheries protection and monitoring, patrol within exclusive economic zone (EEZ), coastal patrol, and anti-smuggling, anti piracy and search and rescue operations. The vessels have a secondary role of providing communication link and escorting convoys during hostilities and war time. As per contract worth INR 1500 crore signed in Delhi on 20 October 2010 between Preethi Sudan, joint secretary in the Defence Ministry and Bejoy Bhaskar, Deputy General Manager, Cochin Shipyard Limited, the first ship is to be delivered within 20 months and one every three months thereafter. The vessels are being built under the dual classification requirements of American Bureau of Shipping and Indian Register of Shipping.
The total outfitting package has been designed,supplied and installed by M/s Sushmalethe Marinetec Private Limited, Mumbai.
Ships of the class
ICGS 'Aadesh', the first Fast Patrol Vessel (FPV) of the series was launched on January 9, 2013. The vessel bearing the yard Hull No. BY 501 was launched by Smt. Jayasree Muralidharan, in the presence of Vice Admiral M P Muralidharan, AVSM, NM, Director General, Indian Coast Guard. Commodore K. Subramaniam, C&MD, senior Officials of the Coast Guard, Indian Navy and Cochin Shipyard Ltd were also present. The vessel 'Aadesh' was delivered to the Coast Guard after successful completion of all its trials on September 25, 2013. It will be operated by the Coast Guard station at Tuticorin in Tamil Nadu.
The Cochin Shipyard Ltd (CSL) on March 21, 2013 launched the second Fast Patrol Vessel (FPV). The vessel, named 'Abheek', was launched by Jayasree Chandran in the presence of DIG Satish Chandran, Commander, Coast Guard District Headquarters 4, DIG T P Sadanandan, CGRPS (K) of Indian Coast Guard and Commodore K Subramaniam, C&MD, Cochin Shipyard Ltd. The launch was a spectacle to behold. The FPV was placed on specially-designed cradles and transported over the entire length of the Indigenous Aircraft Carrier which is located at the building dock, before being lowered into the waters.
The third fast patrol vessel (FPV) was launched on May 28, 2013. Nina Paul Antony launched the vessel ‘Abhinav’ bearing yard hull no. BY 503 in the presence of Coast Guard DIG Satish Chandran, Commander District headquarters No 4 and DIG T P Sadanandan, CGRPS (K) of Indian Coast Guard.
The fourth Fast Patrol Vessel being built for the Coast Guard. The vessel was launched on September 30, 2013 by Dr Ranjini Raghavan, in the presence of Coast Guard commanders—DIG Satish Chandran, and DIG T P Sadanandan. The vessel was named 'Abhiraj'. Fast patrol Vessel 'Abhiraj' is expected to join Tuticorin ICG station.
The fifth and sixth Fast Patrol Vessels (FPVs) being built for the Indian Coast Guard (ICG) were launched on December 2, 2013. The vessel bearing the yard Hull No. BY 505 was launched by Mrs. Rukmani Ravikumar Roddam, wife of Sri. Ravikumar Roddam, Director (Finance) and Hull No. BY506 was launched by Dr. (Mrs.) Suchetha Vinayakumar, wife of Shri P Vinayakumar, Director (Technical) in the presence of Mrs. Hema Subramaniam, wife of Commodore K. Subramaniam, C&MD, Directors and other senior Officials of CSL and Indian Coast Guard. The vessels were named 'Achook' and 'Agrim' in the ceremony.
The fifth vessel ICGS Achook which was handed over to the Coast Guard on March 28, 2014.
Cochin Shipyard, on March 29, 2014 launched, the eighth of the 20 Fast Patrol Vessel being built for the Indian Coast Guard. The vessel was launched by Smt Arti Bhatnagar, Joint Secretary & Finance Manager (Maritime Systems), Ministry of Defense in a simple ceremony at Cochin Shipyard. Cmde K. Subramaniam, CMD, CSL, Shri Ravikumar Roddam, Director (Finance), CSL, Shri Vinayakumar P, Director (Technical) and other senior CSL officials were present on the occasion.
|Bearing Yard Hull Number||Name||Pennant Number||Launched||Commissioned||Home Port|
|BY 501||ICGS Aadesh||236||9 January 2013||13 December 2013||Tuticorin|
|BY 502||ICGS Abheek||237||21 March 2013||31 December 2013||Chennai|
|BY 503||ICGS Abhinav||238||28 May 2013||15 January 2014||Kochi|
|BY 504||ICGS Abheraj||239||30 September 2013||2 September 2014||Tuticorin|
|BY 505||ICGS Achook||240||29 November 2013||7 June 2014||Mumbai|
|BY 506||ICGS Agrim||241||29 November 2013||7 June 2014||Mumbai|
|BY 507||ICGS Amal||242||-||18 July 2014||Goa|
|BY 508||ICGS Amartya||243||29 March 2014||19 October 2014||New Mangalore|
|BY 509||ICGS Ameya||244||5 June 2014||19 January 2015||Karaikal|
|BY 510||ICGS Amogh||245||5 August 2014||19 January 2015||Paradip|
|BY 511||ICGS Anagh||246||30 September 2014||29 March 2015||Chennai|
|BY 512||ICGS Ankit||247||28 November 2014||14 May 2015||Porbandar|
|BY 513||ICGS Anmol||248||17 January 2015||15 October 2015||Haldia|
|BY 514||ICGS Apoorva||249||26 February 2015||-||Goa|
|BY 515||ICGS Arinjay||250||22 April 2015||12 October 2015 ||Okha-Gujarat|
|BY 516||ICGS Arnvesh||251||10 June 2015||22 March 2016||Visakhapatnam|
|BY 517||ICGS Arush||252||30 July 2015||26 May 2016||Porbandar|
|BY 518||ICGS Aryaman||253||29 September 2015||21 November 2016||Kochi|
|BY 519||ICGS Atulya||254||7 December 2015||21 November 2016||Visakhapatnam|
|BY 520||ICGS Ayush||255||29 January 2016||18 February 2017||Krishnapatnam|
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2015)|
- L&T Interceptor class fast attack craft
- Solas Marine Fast Interceptor Boat
- ABG Interceptor Class fast attack crafts
- Couach fast interceptor boats
- Rajshree-class patrol vessel
- Manoram class ferry
- "CSL launches Fast patrol vessel | IRCLASS | Indian Register of Shipping". www.irclass.org. Retrieved 2015-06-10.
- "Rolls-Royce Power Systems | Press Detail". www.rrpowersystems.com. Retrieved 2015-06-10.
- "The Motorship - ZF on a roll with several large contracts". www.motorship.com. Retrieved 2015-06-10.
- "Cochin Shipyard launches third fast patrol vessel for Coast Guard". The Times Of India. 28 May 2013.
- "First fast patrol vessel for Coast Guard delivered".
- "CSL launches second Fast Patrol Vesse".
- "CSL launches third fast patrol vessel".
- "CSL launches Fast Patrol vessel of Coast Guard".
- "Cochin Shipyard Limited launched 5th & 6th Fast Patrol Vessel".
- "Shipyard Launches Eighth Fast Patrol Vessel".
- "Launching of Fast Patrol Vessel for Indian Coast Guard by Cochin Shipyard Limited" (PDF). 28 May 2013.
- "Commissioning of ICGS Aadesh, the first Fast Patrol Vessel of the Coast Guard" (PDF). 13 December 2013. Retrieved 13 December 2013.
- "FOC-in-C (South) presides over commissioning of ICGS Aadesh". 13 December 2013.
- "Commissioning of ICGS Abheek, the second Fast Patrol Vessel of the Indian Coast Guard" (PDF). 31 December 2013. Retrieved 31 December 2013.
- "COMMISSIONING OF ICGS ABHEEK ON 31 DEC 13". 31 December 2013.
- "Launching of Fast Patrol Vessel for Indian Coast Guard by Cochin Shipyard Limited" (PDF). 28 May 2013.
- "Commissioning Of ICGS ‘ABHINAV’, The Third Fast Patrol Vessel Of The Coast Guard" (PDF). 15 January 2014. Retrieved 15 January 2013.
- "COMMISSIONING OF ICGS ABHINAV ON 15 JAN 14". 15 January 2014.
- "Launching of Fast Patrol Vessel for Indian Coast Guard by Cochin Shipyard Limited" (PDF). 30 November 2013.
- "Fast patrol vessel ICGS Abhiraj commissioned in Tuticorin". 3 September 2014.
- "Launching of Fast Patrol Vessels for Indian Coast Guard by Cochin Shipyard Limited" (PDF). 30 November 2013.
- "COMMISSIONING OF ICGS ACHOOK AND AGRIM ON 07 JUN 14". 7 June 2014.
- "CCoast Guard gets fast patrol vehicle 'Amal'". 1 August 2014.
- "Cochin Shipyard (CSL) Launches the eighth Fast Patrol Vessel; delivers seven ships in six months" (PDF). 29 March 2014.
- "ICGS Amartya set to add Karnataka's coastal surveillance might tomorrow". 18 October 2014.
- "Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL) Launches The Ninth Fast Patrol Vessel(BY-509)" (PDF). 5 June 2014.
- "Boost for Coast Guard, Parrikar set to commission four ships on Monday". 13 January 2015.
- "Cochin Shipyard Ltd Launches the Tenth Fast Patrol Vessel" (PDF). 5 August 2014.
- "Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL) Launches The Eleventh Fast Patrol Vessel" (PDF). 30 September 2014.
- "3 boats added to Coast Guard Eastern Fleet". 29 March 2015.
- "Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL) Launches the Twelfth Fast Patrol Vessel (BY 512)" (PDF). 28 November 2014.
- India, Press Trust of (2015-05-14). "Coast Guard commissions four boats". Business Standard India. Retrieved 2015-06-09.
- "Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL) Launches The Thirteenth Fast Patrol Vessel" (PDF). 17 January 2015.
- "ICGS Anmol Fast Patrol Vessel Commissioned". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 2015-12-26.
- "Cochin Shipyard Limited (Csl) Launches the Fourteenth and Delivers the Eleventh Fast Patrol Vessel on the Same Day" (PDF). 26 February 2015. Retrieved 21 September 2015.
- "Coast Guard commissions fast patrol and interceptor vessels - The Economic Times". Retrieved 2015-09-21.
- "COCHIN SHIPYARD LIMITED (CSL) LAUNCHES THE FIFTEENTH FAST PATROL VESSEL" (PDF). Retrieved 26 October 2015.
- "Cochin Shipyard delivers India's 15th Aadesh-class fast patrol vessel". Retrieved 2015-10-15.
- "Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL) Launches The Sixteenth Fast Patrol Vessel" (PDF). 10 June 2015. Retrieved 12 June 2015.
- "Coast Guard ship ICGS Arnvesh commissioned - The Economic Times". The Economic Times. Retrieved 2016-03-22.
- "ICG Vessel Arnvesh Commissioned". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 2016-03-22.
- "Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL) Launches The Seventeenth Fast Patrol Vessel" (PDF). 30 July 2015. Retrieved 1 August 2015.
- "Coast Guard commissions 'Arush' - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2016-05-26.
- "Cochin Shipyard delivers Indian Coast Guard's 17th Aadesh-class patrol vessel | IHS Jane's 360". www.janes.com. Retrieved 2016-05-14.
- "Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL) Launches the Eighteenth Fast Patrol Vessel" (PDF). 29 September 2015. Retrieved 2015-12-26.
- "Press Information Bureau". Retrieved 2016-10-21.
- "Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL) Launches The Nineteenth Fast Patrol Vessel" (PDF). 7 December 2015. Retrieved 10 December 2015.
- "CSL Launches the 20th and Last in the Series Fast Patrol Vessel Ordered By Coast Guard" (PDF). 29 January 2016. Retrieved 1 February 2016.
- "ICGS AYUSH stands high and mighty for patrol at Kochi Naval base". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 2017-02-18.
- Bureau, Our (2016-12-30). "CSL completes construction of 20 FPV series for Indian Coast Guard". The Hindu Business Line. Retrieved 2016-12-30.