W B Slade and an aboriginal stable boy on Cockatoo Creek Station, 1866
|Population||873 (included within Taroom (2011)|
|LGA(s)||Shire of Banana|
Cockatoo is a locality in the Shire of Banana, Queensland, Australia. In the 2011 census, the population of Cockatoo was not separately reported but was included within neighbouring Taroom which had a combined population of 873 people.
Cockatoo State School opened on 23 January 1984 and closed on 31 December 2000. It was located in the south of Cockatoo on Pine Creek Road, possibly just over the border into present-day neighbouring Bungaban at .
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Taroom (SSC)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 8 February 2015.
- "Cockatoo - locality in Shire of Banana (entry 49542)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 28 September 2017.
- "Queensland Globe". State of Queensland. Retrieved 8 February 2015.
- "Cockatoo Creek (entry 7608)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 8 February 2015.
- "Opening and closing dates of Queensland Schools". Queensland Government. Retrieved 8 February 2015.
- "Florence E. Lord". AustLit. Retrieved 8 February 2015.
Media related to Cockatoo, Queensland at Wikimedia Commons