Coconut Creek High School
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Coconut Creek High School|
|1400 Northwest 44 Avenue
Coconut Creek, Florida
|School district||Broward County Public Schools|
Coconut Creek High School is a high school located in Coconut Creek, Florida, which teaches grades 9–12. Coconut Creek High serves Coconut Creek, and parts of Margate, North Lauderdale, and Pompano Beach. The school is a part of the Broward County School District. It opened in 1970 and subsequently became notable in music, cross-country, and baseball. Coconut Creek High School is located on Coconut Creek Parkway, approximately one mile west of the Florida Turnpike. The City of Coconut Creek is located in the northwest section of Broward County. The school is situated on 40 acres of well-landscaped property. An "L"-shaped lake is located on the southeast end of the school grounds contributing to the aesthetic setting.
As of the 2016-2017 school year, the total enrollment was 1,462. The ethnic makeup was 74.1% Black, 8.13% White, 12.7% Hispanic, 1.50% Multiracial, 3.14% Asian or Pacific Islander, and 0.27% Native American or Native Alaskan.
- Brad Eldred, MLB player (Pittsburgh Pirates, Colorado Rockies, Detroit Tigers)
- Mat Latos, MLB player (San Diego Padres, Cincinnati Reds)
- Hamin Milligan, Arena Football League player
- Hanik Milligan, National Football League player
- Joe Lo Truglio, actor
- Dave Thomas, founder of Wendy's
- Bobby Cannavale, actor
- Mark Portmann, Record producer and songwriter
- Beth Bloom, United States District Court Judge for the Southern District of Florida
- Ryan Parmeter, professional wrestler known as Konnor (The Ascension) with World Wrestling Entertainment
- Mark Lippman, attorney involved with State of Florida vs. Casey Anthony, legal correspondent for People magazine
- Enrollment Counts
- Brousseau, Dave (February 17, 1998). "Creek's Triple Threat". Sun-Sentinel. Retrieved August 24, 2014.
- Arangure Jr., Jorge (August 13, 2010). "Mat Latos no longer holding back". ESPN the Magazine. ESPN.com. Retrieved August 24, 2014.
- Snyder, Michael S. (September 11, 1996). "Coconut Creek High Has A Fall-season Hit In Safety Milligan". Sun-Sentinel. Retrieved August 24, 2014.
- Posner, Jay (August 14, 2003). "Unsung safety a big hit with Chargers in camp". U-T San Diego. Retrieved August 24, 2014.
- Giang, Vivian (June 25, 2013). "The Founder Of Wendy's Got His GED Because He Didn't Want To Be A Dropout Success Story". Business Insider. Retrieved August 24, 2014.
- "Bobby Cannavale". New York Times. Retrieved August 24, 2014.