Coconut Creek High School
|Coconut Creek High School|
|1400 Northwest 44 Avenue
Coconut Creek, Florida
|School district||Broward County Public Schools|
Coconut Creek High School is a high school located in Coconut Creek, Florida which teaches grades 9-12. The school is a part of the Broward County School District. It opened in 1970 and subsequently became notable in music, cross-country, and baseball.
In 2014, the school suffered from continuing violence problems, a literacy rate of only 29%, continuing deterioration of buildings, lack of local community interest, and slipped from a C to D statewide rating. Local school board members have been quoted currently considering it for dissolution or conversion to a charter school.
- Brad Eldred, MLB player (Pittsburgh Pirates, Colorado Rockies, Detroit Tigers)
- Matt Latos, MLB player (San Diego Padres, Cincinnati Reds)
- Hamin Milligan, Arena Football League player
- Hanik Milligan, National Football League player
- Joe Lo Truglio, actor
- Dave Thomas, founder of Wendy's
- Bobby Cannavale, actor
- Mark Portmann, Record producer and songwriter
- Beth Bloom, United States District Court Judge for the Southern District of Florida
- Ryan Parmeter, professional wrestler known as Konnor (The Ascension) with World Wrestling Entertainment
- Brousseau, Dave (February 17, 1998). "Creek's Triple Threat". Sun-Sentinel. Retrieved August 24, 2014.
- Arangure Jr., Jorge (August 13, 2010). "Mat Latos no longer holding back". ESPN the Magazine (ESPN.com). Retrieved August 24, 2014.
- Snyder, Michael S. (September 11, 1996). "Coconut Creek High Has A Fall-season Hit In Safety Milligan". Sun-Sentinel. Retrieved August 24, 2014.
- Posner, Jay (August 14, 2003). "Unsung safety a big hit with Chargers in camp". U-T San Diego. Retrieved August 24, 2014.
- Giang, Vivian (June 25, 2013). "The Founder Of Wendy's Got His GED Because He Didn't Want To Be A Dropout Success Story". Business Insider. Retrieved August 24, 2014.
- "Bobby Cannavale". New York Times. Retrieved August 24, 2014.