Cocoparra National Park
|Cocoparra National Park|
New South Wales
Store Creek, located within the national park
|Nearest town or city||Griffith|
|Established||3 December 1969|
|Area||83.57 km2 (32.3 sq mi)|
|Managing authorities||National Parks and Wildlife Service|
|Website||Cocoparra National Park|
Protected areas of|
New South Wales
The Cocoparra National Park is a protected national park that is located in the Riverina region of New South Wales, in eastern Australia. The 8,357-hectare (20,650-acre) national park is situated 457 kilometres (284 mi) southwest of Sydney and 25 kilometres (16 mi) northeast of Griffith.
The park includes a prominent range of hills such as Bingar Mountain, 455 metres (1,493 ft) above sea level and Brogden Mountain, 390 metres (1,280 ft) above sea level, in an otherwise largely flat landscape. Adjoining the national park to the north is the Cocoparra Nature Reserve. The national park was gazetted in December 1969. The nature reserve was dedicated in 1963 with an area of 4,647 hectares (11,480 acres). The Binya-Cocoparra area is classified by BirdLife International as an Important Bird Area because of its relatively large population (of up to 50 individuals) of the near threatened painted honeyeater, as well as the diamond firetail.
There are a number of day use (picnic) areas in the park and a campground at Woolshed Flat.
- "Cocoparra National Park: Park management". Office of Environment & Heritage. Government of New South Wales. Retrieved 15 October 2014.
- "Cocoparra National Park". Total Travel. Archived from the original on 31 December 2012. Retrieved 25 October 2008.
- "Cocoparra National Park and Cocoparra Nature Reserve: Plan of management" (PDF). NSW National Parks & Wildlife Service (PDF). Government of New South Wales. March 1996. ISBN 0-7310-0837-5. Retrieved 15 October 2014.
- "Binya and Cocoparra". datazone.birdlife.org. BirdLife International. Retrieved 14 March 2018.
- NSW Parks and Wildlife Service Cocoparra National Park website
- Online version of Cocoparra National Park Management Plan
|This New South Wales protected areas related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|