Code Blue (Japanese TV series)
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for television. (August 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Opening theme||HANABI by Mr. Children|
|No. of series||3|
|No. of episodes||22 + special|
|Original network||Fuji TV|
|Original release||2008 – 2017|
Code Blue (コード・ブルー -ドクターヘリ緊急救命- Kōdo Burū: Dokutā Heri Kinkyū Kyūmei?) is a Japanese television drama broadcast by Fuji TV. Season 1 ran in 2008 and season 2 ran in 2010. Season 3 is scheduled to air in July 2017.
The "Doctor Helicopter" system was legalized in Japan in June 2007. A medical team is dispatched to the patients on a helicopter to provide medical care in the field as soon as possible. One day, four young physicians are assigned to this latest medical system. The doctors experience traumatic medical situations, deal with personal ambitions, witness the fragility of life, and they grow personally and professionally.
After their suspension from the tunnel incident, the four interns: Aizawa, Shiraishi, Hiyama, Fujikawa together with nurse Saejima, are back on Shohoku's Emergency Medical Services. But as soon as their return, Kuroda suddenly handed his resignation. While, on the other hand, a train in Chiba had a major accident.
"Doctor Helicoptor" candidate Kōsaku Aizawa (Tomohisa Yamashita) does his best in the medical care spot. This season begins with a mother and son on a bicycle who crashes into a motorcycle. The boys falls into a river and doctor Kousaku Aizawa jumps into the cold river to save the boy.
The main story takes place 5 years after Season 2.
- Tomohisa Yamashita as Kōsaku Aizawa
- Yui Aragaki as Megumi Shiraishi
- Erika Toda as Mihoko Hiyama
- Yōsuke Asari as Kazuo Fujikawa
- Kiyoshi Kodama as Yoshiaki Tadokoro (Emergency Unit Chief, special appearance)
- Manami Higa as Haruka Saejima (nurse)
- Masanobu Katsumura as Tadashi Morimoto (flight doctor)
- Ryō as Mitsui Kanna (flight doctor)
- Toshirō Yanagiba as Shūji Kuroda (flight doctor)
- Susumu Terajima as Hisashi Kaji (pilot)
- Tetta Sugimoto as Akira Saijo (brain surgeon)
- Shinji Hiwatashi as Yasuyuki Anzai
Awards and nominations
|2010||64th Television Drama Academy Awards||Best Drama for Code Blue 2|
|2010||TV Navi Drama Awards ||Best Drama for Code Blue 2|
|Best Actor for Yamashita Tomohisa in Code Blue 2|
|Best Supporting Actress for Aragaki Yui in Code Blue 2|
|Fuji TV Getsuku Drama
October 19, 2009 – December, 2009