This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Birth name||Cody Lee Nickson|
|Born||April 13, 1985|
Lake Mills, Iowa, U.S.
|Allegiance||United States of America|
|Service/|| United States Air Force|
United States Marine Corps
|Years of service||2002–2012|
|Rank|| Staff Sergeant|
|Unit||Air Force Space Command|
3rd Battalion, 9th Marines
War in Afghanistan
Jessica Graf (m. 2018)
|Other work||Big Brother 19 (America's Favorite HouseGuest)|
The Amazing Race 30 (Winner)
Cody Lee Nickson (born April 13, 1985) is an American reality television personality, best known for competing in Big Brother 19 and winning The Amazing Race 30 with his then fiancée Jessica Graf. Previously, Nickson served in the United States Air Force and United States Marine Corps.
Early life and background
Nickson was born in Lake Mills, Iowa and later resided in Plano, Texas. His mother is Darcy Nickson and he has a daughter named Paisley Nickson. Before Big Brother he joined the United States Air Force at the age of 17. He served as a 2M0X2 and 1N0X1 in the Air Force before enlisting in the Marines as an 0311 at the age of 23. He has also served combat tours in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. Nickson graduated from Collin College with an associate degree in business management.
Nickson initially served in the United States Air Force, but would later transfer into the Marine Corps. After the completion of bootcamp and infantry school, Nickson was assigned to 3rd Battalion, 9th Marines where he would serve as a 0311 Rifleman in combat deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan. Nickson received a commendation for his service. In 2012, Nickson received an Honorable Discharge.
Big Brother 19
Nickson appeared on 19th season of Big Brother. He began a showmance with fellow contestant Jessica Graf. On Day 1, he won the safety competition after Paul did not choose him as one of the 8 HouseGuests to be awarded immunity. He won Head of Household later that week, becoming the first HOH of the season. He nominated Megan and Jillian for eviction. On Day 9, he had to name a replacement nominee and picked Alex after Megan self-evicted herself from the game. After Alex won POV and took herself off the block he tried to nominate Paul. However, Paul revealed his Pendant of Protection, leaving Nickson to nominate Christmas instead. During week 2 Paul won HOH as well as Power of Veto and chose Nickson as a replacement nominee after saving Josh his previous nominee from the block. He endured the Ve-toad curse temptation after Christmas accepted the Temptation offer voted by America. He was evicted from the house on Day 23. Nickson later returned to the house after winning three rounds of the Battle Back Showdown during week 4. During week 5 Paul nominated Cody for eviction alongside Jessica but she used the Halting Hex saving them both from eviction. He won the second Temptation Competition the next week and became safe. He was named as a replacement nominee by Alex during week 7. He was evicted on day 58 and became the first member of the Jury. He voted for Josh to win Big Brother and won America's Favorite HouseGuest with a prize of $25,000.
Big Brother 20
Nickson, alongside Graf appeared on Big Brother 20 to host the second POV competition.
The Amazing Race
Nickson and Graf also participated in the 30th season of the U.S. television series The Amazing Race. They later became the winners of the season and took home the $1,000,000 prize along with the $5,000 prize they won earlier during the race, becoming the first former Big Brother contestants to win the Amazing Race.
He became engaged to Jessica Graf on February 13, 2018. He has a daughter from a previous relationship. In September 2018, Nickson and Graf announced that they were expecting their first child together. Nickson and Graf got married in 2018. Their daughter was born in March 2019, four weeks premature.
Awards & recognitions
|2018||People's Choice Awards||Competition Contestant of 2018||Winner of The Amazing Race 30||Nominated|||
- "Big Brother Cast: Cody Nickson". CBS. Retrieved March 10, 2018.
- "The Amazing Race Cast: Cody Nickson & Jessica Graf". CBS. Retrieved March 10, 2018.
- Ross, Dalton (August 11, 2016). "Big Brother: Jessica on why she gave up and her future with Cody". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved March 10, 2018.
- "Cody Nickson – Big Brother 19 Houseguest". Big Brother Network. Retrieved March 10, 2018.
- Michael, R. "Collin College Spring 2015 President's List". Retrieved April 25, 2018.
- Pappel, Seth. "Big Brother Star Cody Nickson Villain on Show Hero in Marines". Retrieved August 3, 2017.
- Longretta, Emily (February 7, 2018). "'Big Brother' Showmances Through the Years". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved March 10, 2018.
- Porreca, Brian (July 21, 2017). "'Big Brother 19': How the Battle Back Winner Will Change the Game". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved March 10, 2018.
- Powell, John (August 17, 2017). "Big Brother 19 Jury Begins With Cody Nickson & Elena Davis". Global TV. Retrieved March 10, 2018.
- "Remember All The BB Winners Of America's Favorite Houseguest?". CBS. Retrieved March 10, 2018.
- Walker, Jodi (February 22, 2018). "The Amazing Race winners on how they turned their Big Brother eviction into a Happily Ever After". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved March 10, 2018.
- Smithers Peckham, Tina (February 22, 2018). "Jessica Graf and Cody Nickson Talk Winning 'Amazing Race' and Moving to Dallas (Exclusive)". Entertainment Tonight. Retrieved March 10, 2018.
- Longretta, Emily (February 15, 2018). "Big Brother's Jessica Graf and Cody Nickson Engaged: Watch His Proposal". US Weekly. Retrieved March 10, 2018.
- Vulpo, Mike (February 15, 2018). "Big Brother's Jessica Graf and Cody Nickson Get Engaged Ahead of The Amazing Race Finale". E! Online. Retrieved March 10, 2018.
- Vick, Megan (February 15, 2018). "Big Brother's Cody and Jess Are Engaged!". TV Guide. Retrieved March 10, 2018.
- Mizoguchi, Karen (September 24, 2018). "Big Brother and The Amazing Race Alums Jessica Graf and Cody Nickson Expecting First Child". People. Retrieved September 24, 2018.
- "Big Brother's Jessica Graf and Cody Nickson Are Married!". PEOPLE.com. Retrieved 2018-10-15.
- DeSantis, Rachel (March 20, 2019). "Big Brother's Jessica Graf and Cody Nickson Welcome Daughter Maverick via Emergency C-Section". People. Retrieved April 13, 2019.
- "2018 People's Choice Awards: Complete List of Nominations on People's Choice Awards". E! Online. September 5, 2018. Retrieved 2018-09-08.