||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2010)|
Votolato with Jaguar Love (2008)
|Born||May 20, 1982 (age 33)
Texas, United States
|Origin||Seattle, Washington, United States|
|Genres||Post-hardcore, folk, indie rock|
|Labels||V2 Records, Three One G|
|Associated acts||The Blood Brothers
Head Wound City
Cody Votolato (born May 20, 1982) is a musician from Redmond, Washington, best known for being the guitarist in the post-hardcore band The Blood Brothers. He grew up in the eastside suburbs of Seattle. Cody attended Redmond High School with his bandmates in the late 1990s when the band originally formed, graduating Spring of 2000. His accomplished thrashy and discordant style, exhibited in early Blood Brothers albums and in Head Wound City, has evolved into a more melodic and experimental sound in recent years . Votolato's older brother Rocky Votolato is a folk musician and solo artist who played in the band Waxwing with his brother, as well as with Rudy Gajadhar, the older brother of The Blood Brothers' drummer Mark Gajadhar. Votolato also contributed artwork to The Blood Brothers' album ...Burn, Piano Island, Burn. On September 4 2012, it was announced that Cody has joined Cold Cave as touring guitarist.
- Cold Cave
- The Blood Brothers
- Head Wound City - a side project involving Jordan Blilie from The Blood Brothers as well as members of The Locust and Yeah Yeah Yeahs
- Jaguar Love - a collaboration with Johnny Whitney from The Blood Brothers and J. Clark of Pretty Girls Make Graves
- Waxwing - a now-defunct Post-Hardcore Band with his brother, solo artist Rocky Votolato on Vocals.
- Wilson, MacKenzie. "Biography: The Blood Brothers". Allmusic. Retrieved 9 July 2010.
- Carroll, Tobias. "Biography: Waxwing". Allmusic. Retrieved 9 July 2010.
- Apar, Corey. "Biography: Head Wound City". Allmusic. Retrieved 9 July 2010.
- Lymangrover, Jason. "Biography: Jaguar Love". Allmusic. Retrieved 9 July 2010.