The Cohen Group
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (November 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The Cohen Group is a firm providing corporate leadership with strategic advice and assistance in marketing, regulatory affairs and deal sourcing, and capital raising activities. They cover every major business sector and every critical region of the world, including the Middle East, Asia-Pacific, Latin America and Europe. The firm is based in Washington, D.C. with offices in London, United Kingdom, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, New Delhi, India and Beijing and Tianjin, People's Republic of China.
The firm was founded in 2001 by former United States Secretary of Defense William S. Cohen to help multinational clients expand overseas. The Cohen Group has a strategic alliance with DLA Piper, a global law firm specializing in business, real estate, and technology. In May 2015, Bloomberg Television selected Secretary Cohen to become their World Affairs Contributor.
Employees of the Cohen Group include former members or staffers from the White House, the State Department, the Defense Department, and Congress. The most senior employees at the Cohen Group include:
- Marc Grossman, former Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs, United States Ambassador to Turkey
- Joseph Ralston, former United States Air Force general, NATO Supreme Allied Commander, Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
- R. Nicholas Burns, former Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs, United States Ambassador to Greece
- Michael H. Corbin, former United States Ambassador to the United Arab Emirates 
- Jeffrey Davidow, former United States Ambassador to Zambia, United States Ambassador to Venezuela, United States Ambassador to Mexico 
- Paul J. Kern, former United States Army general, Commander of the Army Materiel Command, Senior Adviser for Army Research, Development and Acquisition
- James Loy, former United States Coast Guard admiral, Deputy Secretary of Homeland Security, Administrator of the Transportation Security Administration, Commandant of the Coast Guard
- Harry Raduege, former United States Air Force lieutenant general, Director of the Defense Information Systems Agency, Commander of the Joint Task Force-Global Network Operations
- George Robertson, Baron Robertson of Port Ellen, former Secretary General of NATO and United Kingdom Secretary of State for Defence
- Joseph Yakovac, former United States Army lieutenant general, Director of the Army Acquisition Corps and Military Deputy to the Assistant Secretary of the Army for Acquisition, Logistics and Technology
- July 15, 2015, Ambassador Nicholas Burns: Syria’s worsening refugee crisis demands action from the West The Washington Post
- July 9, 2015, Ambassador Nicholas Burns: The deal is historic, but the US must now act to contain Iran Financial Times
- May 27, 2015, Secretary Cohen: Why President Obama Should Export Crude Oil Time
- April 4, 2015, Secretary Cohen: President Obama Has Put Republicans and Our Allies in a Box Time
- March 6, 2014, Secretary Cohen: Whither NATO? Difficulties in the Trans-Atlantic Relationship Spiegel Online
- November 9, 2013, Ambassador Marc Grossman: The Power to Secure Afghanistan's Future is in the Hands of the People German Marshall Fund
- November 11, 2012, Secretary Cohen: The Pivot to Asia and Obama’s Second Term Hindustan Times
- Cohen Group website
- Cohen Group Locations
- DLA Piper: Strategic Alliance with The Cohen Group.
- "William Cohen named Bloomberg TV Contributor"
- Ambassador Michael Corbin Will Become a Senior Counselor with the Cohen Group
- The Cohen Group Further Expands Latin America Practice; Adds Senior State Department Official Ambassador Jeffrey Davidow
- Former NATO Head Lord George Robertson Joins The Cohen Group PR Newswire Europe March 29, 2004
- The Cohen Group Announces Further Expansion of India Practice PR Newswire Asia February 7, 2008