Coimbatore District Small Industries Association
Coimbatore District Small Industries Association (CODISSIA) (Tamil:கோயம்புத்தூர் மாவட்ட சிறு தொழிலார்கள் சங்கம்) is an Indian trade organization based in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu. It is affiliated to Tamil Nadu Small and Tiny Industries Association (TANSTIA). It is the largest district association of small industries in India with more than two thousand members. The organization plays a major role in the development of industries in the region and also helps industries with government rules and norms. CODISSIA has pushed for the establishment of more public sector units in Coimbatore.
CODISSIA was established in 1969 with 40 members under the Tamil Nadu Societies Registration Act. In 1972, the organization participated in trade fair at Delhi. CODISSIA organized its first vendor exhibition in association with Integral Coach Factory, Chennai. In 1973, CODISSIA bulletin, a fortnightly journal was started. In 1974, P. C. Alexander, then Development Commissioner (SSI), Government of India inaugurated an exhibition of railway and telecommunication parts conducted by CODISSIA.
CODISSIA Trade Fair Complex is an industrial and exhibition venue in Coimbatore run by CODISSIA. It was constructed in a record time of 155 days in 1999 and has been certified as a World Record holder in the Limca Book of Records as having Asia’s largest pillar free hall. The complex regularly hosts trade fairs and industrial exhibitions. The organization plans to establish an industrial estate on the outskirts of Coimbatore. CODISSIA has signed an agreement with the Government of Tamil Nadu during the Global Investors 2015 to establish two industrial parks in Coimbatore.
Exhibitions and trade fairs
CODISSIA organizes Agri Intex, an annual agricultural trade fair to promote agriculture and allied industries. The 15th edition was organized in 2015 which included participants from over 10 countries. INTEC is an industrial trade fair organized every year since 1999. SubCon and BuildTech are other fairs that are organized by CODISSIA. It has also organized a renewable energy fair Elektrotec since 2014 for promoting products related to renewable energy production.
- "List of Industry and Trade Associations contacted by Planning Commission" (PDF). Planning Commission of India. Retrieved 29 November 2015.
- "About CODISSIA". codissia.com. Retrieved 29 November 2015.
- "About TANSTIA". tanstia.org. Retrieved 29 November 2015.
- Max Keilbach; Jagannadha Pawan Tamvada; David B. Audretsch (13 November 2008). Sustaining Entrepreneurship and Economic Growth. Springer Science & Business Media.
- "Codissia pitches for PSUs in Coimbatore". Business Line. 3 July 2014.
- "CODISSIA, about us". indiamart.com. Retrieved 29 November 2015.
- "CODISSIA trade complex". codissiacomplex.com. Retrieved 29 November 2015.
- "CODISSIA trade complex". dermacon. Retrieved 29 November 2015.
- "Industries in Coimbatore". Government of Tamil Nadu. Archived from the original on 30 July 2015. Retrieved 29 November 2015.
- "Codissia to set up 'green' industrial estate in Coimbatore". The Business Line. 9 June 2014.
- "Codissia Industrial Park signs pact with TN govt to set up two facilities". The Business Line. 16 September 2015.
- "Agri Intex" (PDF). TNAU. Retrieved 29 November 2015.
- J Shivakumaar (22 September 2015). Successful Fund Raising for Lions Clubs: & Voluntary Organisations. Signpost Celfon Technology.
- "Codissia to organise electrical and renewable energy fair". Business Line. 15 February 2015.