Coimbatore Junction railway station
Main Entrance of the Station
|Location||State Bank Road, Coimbatore, Tamil nadu|
|Elevation||411.2 metres (1,349 ft)|
|Owned by||Indian Railways|
|Line(s)||Jolarpettai-Coimbatore line, Coimbatore - Shoranur railway line|
|Fare zone||Southern Railway zone|
Coimbatore Junction, also known as Coimbatore Main, is the primary railway station serving Coimbatore city. It is one of the major train stations in South India and the second busiest and revenue yielding railway station in Tamil Nadu after Chennai Central. It is one of the A1 graded station in the Southern Railway. This station comes under the jurisdiction of Salem division of Southern Railways and contributes to 45% of the revenues of the zone. It is one of the top booking stations in India according to Indian Railways.
The other stations serving Coimbatore include Coimbatore North Junction (CBF), Podanur Junction (PTJ), Irugur Junction (IGU), Madukkarai (MDKI), Peelamedu (PLMD), Singanallur (SHI), Sulur (SUU), Perianaikanpalayam (PKU) and Somanur (SNO).
- "India's biggest and most popular railway stations".
- "‘Facelift for Coimbatore Rly junction soon'". Business Line. Retrieved 23 November 2012.
- "Railways in Coimbatore". raac.co.in. Retrieved 6 January 2016.
- "Coimbatore Junction neglected". The Hindu. 31 August 2011.
- "Indian Railways Passenger Reservation Enquiry". Availability in trains for Top 100 Booking Stations of Indian Railways. IRFCA. Archived from the original on 10 May 2014. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
- "Route KM-Statewise" (PDF). Southern Railway zone. Archived from the original (PDF) on 20 January 2013. Retrieved 23 November 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Coimbatore Junction railway station.|
- Coimbatore Junction railway station at the India Rail Info