Colby Community College
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (May 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Bedker Memorial Complex
|Motto||Challenge. Create. Connect.|
|Type||Public, Community College|
|Location||Colby, Kansas, U.S.|
|Colors||Blue and White
|Athletics||NJCAA Division I
|Sports||9 Varsity Teams|
Colby Community College (CCC) is a two-year community college located in Colby, Kansas, United States. Established in 1964, the 80-acre (32 ha) main campus is located in the heart of Colby with an additional 64-acre (26 ha) agricultural center east of the city.
The college is able to accommodate hundreds of off-campus students by offering classes at 24 locations in the 14-county service area, including campuses in Norton and Wakeeney, and through online distance education courses.
In 2013, CCC was selected as one of the Top 10 Community Colleges in the Country according to Bankrate, Inc. Over 900 public two-year institutions were ranked based on six criteria: graduation rate; student retention rate; the student/ faculty ratio; the school's in-state tuition and fees; the percentage of full-time first-time undergraduates receiving financial aid; and the average amount of grant aid they received from federal, state, and private sources combined.
Colby Community College offers over 60 academic programs which culminate in Associate of Arts, Science and Applied Science degrees as well as a variety of certifications, including technical certificates. Many of the programs and courses are offered in traditional and online learning environments.
- Daniel Cormier - NCAA runner-up, Olympic Wrestler, MMA fighter, UFC Light Heavyweight Champion
- C.B. Dollaway - state champion wrestler; JUCO National Champion; NCAA D-1 All-American for ASU; professional mixed martial artist currently competing in the UFC's Middleweight Division
- Corey Hill - wrestler; current professional mixed martial arts fighter
- Mark Schultz -Contemporary Christian music artist.
- Brennan Ward, wrestler; professional mixed martial arts fighter
- About Colby Community College
- Top Community Colleges
- KJCCC Members
- NJCAA - CCC Participating Teams
- "Daniel Cormier OSU Bio". Retrieved 2014. Check date values in:
- "C.B. Dollaway UFC Bio". Retrieved 2014. Check date values in:
- "Corey Hill MMA Bio". Retrieved 2014. Check date values in: