Cold Creek Correctional Facility
Cold Creek Correctional Facility (CCCF) was a Tennessee Department of Correction prison located in unincorporated Lauderdale County, Tennessee, near Henning. CCCC is now the West Tennessee State Penitentiary (WTSP) Site #1. The prison facility was previously named the West Tennessee High Security Facility and the Fort Pillow State Prison and Farm.
The Fort Pillow Prison and Farm originally opened in December 1937. As of July 13, 1998 the institution supported a 6,000 acres (2,400 ha) farming operation. In 1999 the Cold Creek Correctional Facility closed. CCCF was replaced by a medium security complex built next to the West Tennessee High Security Facility (WTHSF). The two complexes and the CCCF minimum security annex were operationally combined and became the WTSP.
Musician Steve Earle performed a concert at Cold Creek in June 1996 as part of a parole agreement after he was jailed for drug offenses the previous year. The concert was filmed as a MTV special, To Hell and Back, which was later released on DVD as part of a box set in July 2013.
- "Cold Creek Correctional Facility." Tennessee Department of Correction. February 3, 1999. Updated July 13, 1998. Retrieved on September 26, 2010.
- "Risk Management." Tennessee Department of Treasury. Retrieved on September 26, 2010. "249 West TN State Penitentiary - Site #1 (formerly Cold Creek Correctional Facility - Fort Pillow)"
- "TENNESSEE PRISON SYSTEM[permanent dead link]." Tennessee Encyclopedia of History and Culture. Retrieved on September 26, 2010.
- "HISTORICAL TIMELINE - (1700 - 2003)." Tennessee Department of Correction. 14 (14/16). Retrieved on September 26, 2010.
- Heaton, Dave. "Steve Earle: The Warner Brothers Years". Popmatters. Retrieved 10/5/2013. Check date values in:
|This Tennessee-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This law enforcement–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|