Cold Power is a brand of laundry detergent by Colgate-Palmolive. It was sold in the United States during the 1960s and into the early 1970s, but the brand was discontinued due to lagging sales. The brand is still being sold in Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and many other countries. The name is derived from the fact that it is advertised as washing clothes well in cold water. The product was test marketed in northern New Jersey, specifically an ad campaign was promoted in Chester, N.J. which depicted local housewives Including the then Chester Borough mayor's wife, Jane Van Over Filiberto, who used the product and gave testimonials for television ads.
In Canada, it was sold under the name 'Arctic Power'.
- "Henkel to buy Colgate-Palmolive's Australian laundry brands". BBC News. 12 May 2015. Retrieved 3 January 2016.
- http://www.woolworths.co.nz/ImageServer/product_images/big/9400541217508.jpg[permanent dead link]
- http://www.woolworths.co.nz/ImageServer/product_images/big/9400541001916.jpg[permanent dead link]
- Cold Power USA Christmas themed ad - 1971
- MP3 collection of Lou Rawls radio spots for Cold Power - Circa 1969
|This product article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|