and Eddie Haan, George Denny et al.
|Headquarters||Greenland, New Hampshire, United States|
Number of locations
|Worldwide except Australia and Oceania|
|Jack Boys, J. Michael Prince, David Maddocks|
Cole Haan is a global lifestyle brand with a focus on men's and women's footwear and accessories. Founded in Chicago, Illinois, United States, in 1928, Cole Haan currently has headquarters in both New York City and Greenland, NH.
The company name comes from founders Trafton Cole and Eddie Haan, and was originally named Cole, Rood & Haan when the company was strictly a men's footwear label. Today it offers many products, including men's and women's dress and casual footwear, belts, hosiery, handbags, gloves, scarves, hats, outerwear, and sunglasses.
Cole Haan was bought by Apax Partners Worldwide LLP for $570 million on November 16, 2012, from Nike, Inc.. Cole Haan has its headquarters in Greenland, New Hampshire, and its design center in New York City. Jack A. Boys is its current CEO.
The company's flagship stores are found in locations including:
- Flatiron, New York City
- Rockefeller Center, New York City
- Soho, New York City
- Columbus Circle, New York City
- Century City, California
- Honolulu, Hawaii
- Boston, Massachusetts
- Chicago, Illinois
- Dallas, Texas
- San Francisco, California
- Tokyo, Japan
Cole Haan products are also sold at retailers such as Nordstrom, Shoe Carnival, Zappos, Macy's, Lord & Taylor, Neiman Marcus, Hudson's Bay Company and other department stores and independent stores nationwide, as well as through its own outlet stores found in outlet malls throughout the country. Additionally, Cole Haan has stores and shop-in-shops globally in countries including Indonesia, Korea, China, Mexico, Peru, Thailand, The Philippines, and Canada. However, Cole Haan was hoped to expand its business in Europe, but does not have any store as well as they never had stores in Australia and New Zealand.
Cole Haan chose Russian tennis star Maria Sharapova to headline its Spring 2009 and Fall 2009 advertising campaigns.
Cole Haan is known for collaborations with designers, athletes, and tastemakers. Current product collaborations include a men's footwear capsule collection with CFDA-nominated menswear designer Todd Snyder and a collection of women's ballet flats designed in partnership with three dancers of New York City Ballet: Sara Mearns, Megan Fairchild, and Gretchen Smith, inspired by their lifestyle from studio to street.
- "Nike, Form 8-K, Current Report, Filing Date Jun 28, 2012". secdatabase.com. Retrieved Mar 27, 2013.
- "to Divest of Cole Haan and Umbro to Focus on Accelerating Growth Through Nike and Complementary Sport Brands". Nike, Inc. Retrieved June 1, 2012.
- "Nike, Form 10-Q, Quarterly Report, Filing Date Jan 9, 2013" (PDF). secdatabase.com. Retrieved Mar 27, 2013.
- "Executive Profile Jack A. Boys". Bloomberg Business. July 2, 2015.
- Kim, Ann S.(February 2, 2011). "Cole Haan offices will move to Scarborough". Portland Press Herald. Retrieved August 11, 2011
- Cole Haan leaving Maine as new parent consolidates operations Whit Richardson, Bangor Daily News, October 10, 2013
- "A Brief History « Horween Leather Company". Horween.com. Retrieved March 28, 2013.
- Horween Leather Company. encyclopedia.com. Retrieved March 26, 2013.
- Barbara Rolek (October 27, 2003). "Horween's leather bound by tradition". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved March 27, 2013.
- "Cole-Haan initiates major Europe expansion. (Nike Inc. Cole-Haan)". highbeam.com. Retrieved 2015-09-26.
- "Nike's Cole Haan to go fur-free", Forbes, February 25, 2008