August 26, 1990 |
Williamsville, New York, U.S.
|Height||6 ft 2 in (188 cm)|
|Weight||199 lb (90 kg; 14 st 3 lb)|
|NHL team (P)
|New York Rangers
Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL)
Cole Schneider (born August 26, 1990) is an American professional ice hockey player who currently plays in the New York Rangers organization of the National Hockey League (NHL). After leaving the University of Connecticut in 2012, he began his pro career with the Binghamton Senators of the American Hockey League (AHL).
Schneider attended the University of Connecticut where he played two seasons of college hockey under the legendary coach Bruce Marshall, with the NCAA Division I Connecticut Huskies men's ice hockey team. In his freshman year, Schneider was selected to the All-AHA Rookie Team, and in his sophomore year his outstanding play was rewarded with a selection to the 2011-12 All-AHA First Team. Schneider posted 23 goals and 45 points in his sophomore season — both school records — and he became just the third University of Connecticut product to sign an NHL contract.
On March 14, 2012, the Ottawa Senators signed Schneider as a free agent to a two-year entry-level contract. Shortly after signing with Ottawa, Schneider made his professional debut with the American Hockey League's Binghamton Senators and subsequently recorded two assists in 11 games to close out the 2011–12 season.
On February 27, 2016, Schneider was traded by the Senators to the Buffalo Sabres as part of a seven-player deal. He spent the remainder of the season with the AHL's Rochester Americans before being called up by the Sabres and making his NHL debut on April 8, 2016.
On July 1, 2017, having left the Sabres as a free agent, Schneider agreed to a two-year, two-way contract with the New York Rangers.
|2008–09||Mahoning Valley Phantoms||NAHL||42||17||16||33||12||14||3||7||10||2|
|2010–11||University of Connecticut||AHA||37||13||20||33||30||—||—||—||—||—|
|2011–12||University of Connecticut||AHA||38||23||22||45||35||—||—||—||—||—|
Awards and honors
|All-Atlantic Hockey Rookie Team||2010-11|||
|Thomas Jacquard Award||2010-11|||
|All-Atlantic Hockey First Team||2011-12|||
- Four teams enter Atlantic Hockey championship, one moves on to NCAA tournament - USCHO.com - U.S. College Hockey Online
- "Schneider aiming to extend his development curve". Ottawa Senators. 2012-03-14. Retrieved 2012-03-14.
- "Senators sign forward Cole Schneider to a two-year contract". Ottawa Senators. 2012-03-14. Retrieved 2012-03-14.
- "Sabres acquire four from Senators". Buffalo Sabres. 2016-02-27. Retrieved 2016-02-27.
- "Sabres call up forwards Rodrigues, Schneider from minors". Associated Press. April 7, 2016. Retrieved April 8, 2016.
- "Rangers agree to terms with Cole Schneider". New York Rangers. 2017-07-01. Retrieved 2017-07-01.
- "Atlantic Hockey/Alabama-Huntsville 2011-12 season preview". HockeysFuture.com. 2011-04-05. Retrieved 2011-04-05.
- "Cole Schneider player profile". University of Connecticut. 2012-03-04. Retrieved 2012-03-16.
- "Schneider Named AHA First Team; Gerke Second Team". University of Connecticut. 2015-04-03. Retrieved 2015-04-03.
- Biographical information and career statistics from Eliteprospects.com, or The Internet Hockey Database
|This United States biographical article relating to ice hockey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|