Rooney in a branch of T for Telecom in 2009
Coleen Mary McLoughlin
3 April 1986
|Education||St John Bosco Arts College|
Wayne Rooney (m. 2008)
Early life and family
Coleen Mary McLoughlin was born in Liverpool, Merseyside, to Tony and Colette McLoughlin. Tony McLoughlin, who was a bricklayer, also ran a boxing club. The McLoughlins are of Irish descent. Coleen is the eldest of four children, followed by her brothers Joe and Anthony and her adopted sister Rosie, who suffered with Rett syndrome and died on 5 January 2013 at the age of 14.
Rooney tried her hand at presenting when in May 2006, she assisted Sir Trevor McDonald on his show Tonight with Trevor McDonald in a programme about the genetic disorder Rett syndrome, from which her younger sister suffered. She went on to make her own series for ITV called Coleen's Real Women in which she was labelled as "The nation's favourite girl next door" and looked for "real women" to front advertising campaigns as an alternative to models.
Rooney's autobiography, Welcome to My World, was released in March 2007. This was followed by Coleen's Real Style the following year, published by HarperCollins. She has also published a four-book series called Coleen Style Queen from 2008 to 2010.
Marriage and children
She met her future husband, Wayne Rooney, at the age of 12 in the Liverpool suburb of Croxteth. They began a relationship at the age of 16, after they left secondary school. Wayne's mother, Jeanette, worked as a part-time cleaner at St John Bosco Arts College, the Catholic secondary school Coleen attended.
Their wedding took place in Portofino, Italy on 12 June 2008. The couple were paid a reported £2.5 million by Britain's OK! magazine for exclusive wedding information and pictures. The couple, dubbed Wayleen, moved into a new £1.3m mansion in Formby. They currently live in Prestbury, Cheshire, in a £4 million Neo-Georgian mega mansion, which has an indoor swimming pool, sweeping staircase, jacuzzi and gold-plated taps.
- "Coleen Rooney's sister Rosie dies". BBC News. 5 January 2013. Retrieved 29 November 2017.
- Hunter Davies (17 December 2006). "Some have celebrity thrust upon them". The Times. Archived from the original on 19 March 2007. Retrieved 7 March 2007.
- Coleen McLoughlin–fiancée of Wayne Rooney
- "Coleen Rooney visits Lourdes with disabled sister". Now Magazine. 23 September 2008. Retrieved 29 November 2017.
- "Coleens Real Women". ITV.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 22 October 2008. Retrieved 7 March 2007.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link) Retrieved 22 April 2007.
- "Coleen McLoughlin's Brand New Body Workout DVD". ASDA Entertainment. archive.is. Archived from the original on 15 June 2006. Retrieved 29 November 2017.
- David Hayes (3 July 2006). "Coleen returns to day job". Archived from the original on 8 April 2008. Retrieved 22 April 2007.
- "Coleen's New £2m Score". Showbiz.sky.com. Archived from the original on 25 June 2010. Retrieved 30 March 2014.
- Paul Coslett (9 March 2007). "Coleen McLoughlin". BBC News. Retrieved 29 November 2017.
- "Coleen's Real Style - Coleen Rooney - E-book". HarperCollins Publishers: World-Leading Book Publisher. Retrieved 9 October 2019.
- "Coleen Style Queen Book Series: Amazon.com". www.amazon.com. Retrieved 9 October 2019.
- "Profiles: Coleen McLoughlin: Triumph of teen spirit and awful taste". The Times. Archived from the original on 4 June 2011. Retrieved 22 April 2007.
- "Wayne and Coleen 'marry in Italy'". BBC. 12 June 2008. Retrieved 29 November 2017.
- "Wayleen's World". The Daily Telegraph. 5 December 2004. Retrieved 29 November 2017.
- "Wayne Rooney's House: A look at the footballer's luxury home". World Football Extra. 16 October 2011. Archived from the original on 4 June 2013. Retrieved 4 July 2013.
- Ronay, Barney (2 November 2009). "Wayne Rooney's wife Coleen gives birth to baby boy". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 9 November 2019.
- "Rooneys announce arrival of baby". 21 May 2013. Retrieved 9 November 2019.
- Rooney, Coleen (24 January 2016). "Our gorgeous little Boy arrived today!! Kit Joseph Rooney .... 8Ib 1oz. We are all over the moon!!". @ColeenRoo. Retrieved 9 November 2019.
- Our patrons Retrieved 29 November 2017.