|Born||April 19, 1986 (age 31)
Waynesburg, Pennsylvania, U.S.
Coleman Scott (born April 19, 1986) is an American wrestler for Sunkist Kids who won the 2012 U.S. Olympic Trials and a special Championship Series at 60 kg freestyle to qualify to compete at the 2012 Olympics. He was born in Waynesburg, Pennsylvania.
In 2015, he was named head coach of the UNC wrestling program after one year as an assistant.
Coleman won the 2012 U.S. Olympic Trials, but unlike many of his fellow competitors this did not automatically earn him an Olympic bid. Since the U.S. had not yet qualified in the 60 kg freestyle and since the qualification tournaments were near in time to the trials, two wrestlers were selected to skip the trials and try to qualify the U.S. at that weight. After the U.S. qualified for that weight, a special best-of-three Championship Series at Times Square was arranged allowing the trials winner to compete against the two wrestlers at the qualification tournaments for the Olympic spot. Coleman defeated Reece Humphrey in the semi final. Coleman then defeated Shawn Bunch 2 to 1 the special best-of-three Championship Series final for the 60 kg spot.
At the 2012 Summer Olympics, Scott beat Lee Seung-Chul and Malkhaz Zarkua before losing to eventual champion Toghrul Asgarov. In the repechage, Scott won the bronze medal by beating Kenichi Yumoto.
- "Coleman Scott". London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games. Archived from the original on April 4, 2013.
- "Coleman Scott". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 2016-08-24.
- "Danielle Gratton, Bethel Park / Coleman Scott, Waynesburg – Pittsburgh Post-Gazette". Post-gazette.com. 2012-03-19. Retrieved 2012-07-05.
- "Coleman Scott Clinches Spot on U.S. Olympic Team – Oklahoma State Official Athletic Site". Okstate.com. Retrieved 2012-07-05.
- "Jake Herbert and Coleman Scott Win Olympic Trials". Thepapowerrankings.com. 2012-04-23. Retrieved 2012-07-05.
- "Interview with London hopeful Coleman Scott – Wrestling News". NBC Olympics. Archived from the original on 2012-08-21. Retrieved 2016-10-21.
- Abbott, Gary. "Coleman Scott tops Reece Humphrey in first wrestle-off at 60 kg | TheMat.com – USA Wrestling". TheMat.com. Retrieved 2012-07-05.
- Abbott, Gary. "FLASH: Scott beat Bunch in deciding third match to earn 60 kg spot on Olympic Team in Times Square | TheMat.com – USA Wrestling". TheMat.com. Retrieved 2012-07-05.
- "Freestyle 60 kg results – Wrestling – London 2012 Olympics". www.olympic.org. Retrieved 2016-02-20.