Colerain Township, Belmont County, Ohio
|Colerain Township, Belmont County, Ohio|
The Concord Hicksite Friends Meeting House, built 1815
Location of Colerain Township in Belmont County
|• Total||25.0 sq mi (64.7 km2)|
|• Land||24.8 sq mi (64.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.2 sq mi (0.4 km2)|
|Elevation||1,109 ft (338 m)|
|• Density||172/sq mi (66.6/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085776|
Located in the northeastern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Mount Pleasant Township, Jefferson County - north
- Pease Township - east
- Richland Township - southwest
- Wheeling Township - west
- Short Creek Township, Harrison County - northwest corner
No municipalities are located in Colerain Township, although three unincorporated communities are located in the township:
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Colerain township, Belmont County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved February 14, 2014.
- McKelvey, A. T. (1903). Centennial History of Belmont County, Ohio, and Representative Citizens. Biographical Publishing Company. p. 154.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.