Coordinates: Coleraine College is a secondary school in Coleraine, County Londonderry, Northern Ireland. It was formed by an amalgamation of the Coleraine Boys' Secondary school and Coleraine Girls' Secondary School and became Coleraine College in September 2001. The headmaster is Mr Marsh and there are currently around 150 pupils.
The college's mission statement is "To achieve success for all, the college provides a supportive environment delivering innovative, challenging learning experiences. As part of the local learning community, we promote partnerships, positive relationships and tolerance." The College aims to equip young students for FE College, Sixth Form and towards University. Skills taught include partnership and team skills.
In preparation for the amalgamation a £7 million refurbishment of the Girls' School was carried out.
The school is situated on 32 acres (130,000 m2) of land. However, the school is split between two sites, set well back from any main road, and this encourages vandalism which by March 2005 had cost thousands of pounds.
The school was mentioned in the House of Commons in July 2006 when the Northern Ireland Minister Maria Eagle, in answer to a question from Gregory Campbell, stated that the main buildings were then 49 years old.
The Education and Training Inspectorate carried out a follow-up inspection in February 2006 in which they stated that "The school has some strengths in aspects of its educational and pastoral provision that can be built upon. The areas for improvement need to be addressed urgently if the school is to meet effectively, the needs of all the pupils."
However, in a further follow-up inspection in January 2007 they found that the school had made a range of substantial improvements in the past year.
- "Coleraine College - Report of a Focussed Inspection", Education and Training Inspectorate, January 2004
- "Mission Statement", Coleraine College, accessed 21 December 2001
- "European PPP Report 2005", DLA Piper Rudnick Gray Cary, February 2006
- "Board faces hefty bill for vandal attack", The News Letter, 2 March 2005
- "Coleraine College", 3 July 2006 : Column 793W, Hansard Written Answers, House of Commons
- "Coleraine College - Report of a Follow-up Inspection", Education and Training Inspectorate, March 2006
- "Coleraine College - Report of a Follow-up Inspection", Education and Training Inspectorate, February 2007
- "Junior football: Boys face Jersey test", Belfast Telegraph, 1 February 2007