|Born||June 1974 (age 44)|
|Alma mater||Dublin Institute of Technology (DIT)|
|Employer||Virgin Media Television|
Colette Fitzpatrick (born June 1974) is one of the main news anchors at Virgin Media News (formerly known as "TV3 News"), since September 2006. She is a native of Holycross, Thurles, County Tipperary.
Fitzpatrick is a Virgin Media News anchor. She presents the weekday bulletins: News at 12.30 and News at 5.30. She has also hosted the prime time current affairs show Midweek.
Fitzpatrick began working in the TV3 newsroom in March 2001. She has edited and anchored bulletins for the morning news programme Ireland AM and also reported on a range issues for the main evening news. She reported from Kashmir on the aftermath of the earthquake. She was also a regular stand-in as main presenter on Ireland AM alongside Mark Cagney, Alan Hughes and Aidan Cooney.
Fizpatrick previously worked in the newsroom in Today FM where she edited and presented hourly bulletins and reported on a range of stories including courts and tribunals. She produced The Sunday Supplement, presented by Sam Smyth, and also previously worked at East Coast FM in County Wicklow where she first began her broadcasting career. Colette graduated in Journalism from DIT in Aungier Street.
Fitzpatrick is married to studio director Niall McDermot. In June 2010, Fitzpatrick confirmed that she was expecting her first child, due in November. Son Milo was born on 18 November 2010, but it was a nightmare birth as chronicled by Fitzpatrick herself.
- "TV3's Colette Fitzpatrick Talks 'Midday' TV Presenting". Irish Film and Television Network. 18 September 2008. Retrieved 25 February 2010.
- "Colette Fitzpatrick Is TV3 News Anchor". Irish Film and Television Network. 14 September 2006. Retrieved 25 February 2010.
- "THE TV3 DREAM TEAM-Meet the three beauties who have us switching on to channel's news". Daily Mirror. 13 September 2005. Retrieved 25 February 2010.("Colette, 31, from Thurles, Co Tipperary")
- "Colette Fitzpatrick – Personally Speaking Bureau". Retrieved 9 February 2017.
- "Colette Fitzpatrick confirms pregnancy". RTÉ Ten. 28 June 2010. Retrieved 28 June 2010.
- Finn, Melanie (22 December 2011). "Colette going private for baby No2 after HSE crisis". Evening Herald. Retrieved 22 December 2011.