Colgin Cellars

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Colgin Cellars
LocationSt. Helena, CA, USA
CoordinatesCoordinates: 38°28′19″N 122°20′53″W / 38.471816°N 122.348009°W / 38.471816; -122.348009
Key peopleAnn Colgin, Allison Tauziet
Parent companyLVMH
Known forTychson Hill Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, Cariad Napa Valley Red Wine, IX Estate Napa Valley Red Wine and IX Estate Syrah
VarietalsCabernet Sauvignon, Syrah
TastingNot open to the public.

Colgin Cellars is a winery in Napa Valley, California founded in 1992.


Ann Colgin founded Colgin Cellars in 1992; at the time, she purchased grapes from the Lamb vineyard and produced wine at a vintner's co-op in Napa; the vintages from 1992-97 were produced in this way.[2]

In 1997, she purchased the Tychson estate; remodeling the house, and replanting the vineyard to wine grapes for the first time since Prohibition. She expanded further in 1998, purchasing the IX estate, where the winery's production facility now is.[2][3]

On the 21st of November 2017, LVMH, the French leader in luxury goods, announced the acquisition of 60% of Colgin Cellars, the remaining 40% still belonging to Ann Colgin


  1. ^ Coolidge, Carrie (17 October 2011). "Colgin Cellars: Superb Wines With An Excellent Return on Investment". Forbes. Retrieved 21 July 2012.
  2. ^ a b Escobar, Anthony. "Art and Wine: A Visit with Napa Vintner Ann Colgin (Steinhardt '85)". New York University Steinhardt School. Retrieved 21 July 2012.
  3. ^ "Colgin 2006 IX Estate Cabernet Sauvignon". Robb Report. 1 June 2010. Archived from the original on 30 July 2012. Retrieved 21 July 2012.