Colin Brady is an American animator and film director. He graduate of the California Institute of the Arts (CalArts), has worked as lead animator, animation director, supervising animator and co-director with animated film powerhouses Pixar and Industrial Light & Magic. His credits have included Toy Story, Toy Story 2, A Bug's Life, Men in Black II, Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events, and many others.
A native of Wood Dale, Illinois, Brady graduated from Fenton High School in Bensenville, Illinois. He started studying mechanical engineering at USC but dropped out in favor of CalArts to pursue animation.
He later joined Pixar and worked as animator on Toy Story, A Bug's Life and Toy Story 2. Brady directed on Toy Story 2 from July '97 to Dec '99 when the film went from a DVD to theatrical release. Brady also directed on the "Toy Story Animated Storybook" and the Toy Story Activity Center.
On Hulk and Lemony Snicket, Brady and his team pioneered the motion capture of attack dogs and even eight-month-old infants. On Lemony Snicket, Brady helped develop an inexpensive system to reliably track facial motion.
In addition, Brady was supervising animator on Men in Black II and E.T. The Extraterrestrial Special Edition. He is currently working as director on The Legend of Santa Claus at Lumenas Animation Studios.
Brady is the current Head of Animation and Story for Light Chaser Animation studios working from Los Angeles.
- The Legend of Santa Claus (2013 - Director: Lumenas)
- The Lazarus Effect (2010 - Associate Producer: HBO Films)
- Anime: Drawing a Revolution (2007 - Himself)
- TMNT (2007 - Additional Animation Supervisor: Imagi Studios)
- Everyone's Hero (2006 - Director: 20th Century Fox)
- Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events (2004 - Animation Supervisor: ILM)
- The Making of 'Hulk' (2003 - Himself)
- Hulk (2003 - Animation Supervisor: ILM)
- E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial: 20th Anniversary Celebration (2002 - Himself)
- E.T: The Extra-Terrestrial (2002 - Animation Supervisor: 2002 special edition)
- Magnolia (1999 - Animator: ILM)
- Toy Story 2 (1999 - Additional Story Material, New Characters Designer: Pixar)
- A Bug's Life (1998 - Additional Animator: Pixar)
- Loose Tooth (1997 - Composer)
- Toy Story (1995 - Animator: Pixar)
- Hocus Pocus (1993 - Animator: Rhythm & Hues)
|This article relating to an American animator is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|