Colin Chilvers (born 1945) is an English film director and special effects coordinator. He is known for his work on The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975), Superman (1978), Condorman (1981), and X-Men (2000).
Chilvers directed the "Smooth Criminal" segment from Moonwalker. In working with Michael Jackson, Chilvers told Rolling Stone, "I showed Michael a movie that I felt would fit the theme of the piece, The Third Man. He loved the look of it, that sort of film-noir look, so we used that to get the camera man to light it in a similar way."
- Winner of Special Achievement Academy Award 1979 for Superman
- Winner of BAFTA Outstanding British Contribution to Cinema Award 1979 for Superman 
- Nominated for Grammy Award 1989 for "Moonwalker" 
- "America's Film Legacy". google.com.
- "Special effects magician Colin Chilvers". CHCH - Your Superstation.
- Variety Staff. "Moonwalker". Variety.
- "5. "Smooth Criminal" (1988)". Rolling Stone.
- "Academy Awards Acceptance Speeches - Search Results - Margaret Herrick Library - Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences". oscars.org.