|Born||Colin Andrew Wilkie Cowie
3 January 1962
Kitwe, Federation of Rhodesia and Nyasaland
|Occupation||Entrepreneur, television personality, author|
Colin Cowie is a lifestyle guru, television personality, author, interior designer and party planner. Born in Kitwe, Federation of Rhodesia and Nyasaland (now Zambia), and educated in South Africa, he moved to the United States in 1985 and founded Colin Cowie Lifestyle in 1992.
Cowie has made regular appearances on the Today Show, The Oprah Winfrey Show and The Ellen DeGeneres Show. In addition to spending 7 years on the Home Shopping Network, he was a contributing family member to the CBS Early Show for eight years. He hosted the daily wedding planning show, Get Married, on Lifetime TV, on which he shared his professional expertise with brides-to-be on fashion, decorating and other wedding related topics. He was the host of his own television series Everyday Elegance for five seasons.
Cowie has been profiled and quoted in many periodicals, including The New York Times, People, Architectural Digest, In Style, Town & Country, Us Weekly, Reader's Digest, USA Today, TV Guide, The Los Angeles Times, Modern Bride and the Chicago Daily Herald.
Cowie launched Wilkieblog.com in March 2017, and Colin Cowie Lifestyle announced the launch of their catering venture, F.O.O.D. Inc in May 2017.
- "Colin Cowie". The New York Times.
- Brudereck, Jason (11 December 2008). "Holiday party sponsored by cable TV network held in Reading mansion". Reading Eagle. Retrieved 13 December 2008.
- "Everyday Elegance with Colin Cowie". The New York Times.
- Morris, Bob (July 11, 1999). "My Dinner With Colin". The New York Times.
- "Homestore.com Adds 2 Web Sites, Columnists". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 27 May 2015.