|Born||Colin Andrew Wilkie Cowie
3 January 1962
Kitwe, Federation of Rhodesia and Nyasaland
|Occupation||Entrepreneur, television personality, writer|
Cowie was born in Kitwe, Federation of Rhodesia and Nyasaland (now Zambia), but educated in South Africa. He moved to the United States in 1985. He is also an acclaimed interior designer with projects around the world including The Mira Hong Kong in Hong Kong.
Cowie regularly appears on the Today Show, The Oprah Winfrey Show and The Ellen DeGeneres Show. He was a contributing family member to the CBS Early Show for 8 years and is currently host of the daily wedding planning show, Get Married on Lifetime TV, on which he shares his professional expertise with brides-to-be on fashion, decorating, and other wedding related topics. Cowie has been profiled and quoted extensively in many periodicals, including The New York Times, People, Architectural Digest, In Style, Town & Country, Us Weekly, Reader's Digest, USA Today, TV Guide, The Los Angeles Times, Modern Bride and the Chicago Daily Herald.
He has written eight books, including five wedding books (Colin Cowie Weddings, For The Bride, For The Groom, Extraordinary Weddings, Colin Cowie Wedding Chic), two entertaining cookbooks (Effortless Elegance, Dinner After Dark) and a book on living with style (Colin Cowie Chic), and three on design.
- "Colin Cowie". The New York Times.
- Brudereck, Jason (11 December 2008). "Holiday party sponsored by cable TV network held in Reading mansion". Reading Eagle. Retrieved 13 December 2008.
- "Hong Kong Design Hotel - Tsim Sha Tsui - The Mira Hong Kong". themirahotel.com. Retrieved 27 May 2015.
- "Domain.com". hoteldesign.nu. Retrieved 27 May 2015.
- "Everyday Elegance with Colin Cowie". The New York Times.
- Morris, Bob (July 11, 1999). "My Dinner With Colin". The New York Times.
- "Homestore.com Adds 2 Web Sites, Columnists". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 27 May 2015.