Colin Davis (racing driver)
|Born||29 July 1933|
Marylebone, London, England
|Died||19 December 2012(aged 79)|
|Formula One World Championship career|
|First entry||1959 French Grand Prix|
|Last entry||1959 Italian Grand Prix|
Davis was an advertising executive who raced a 500cc Formula 3 Cooper before moving to Italy from where he conducted his own racing career.
Davis competed in two World Championship Formula One Grands Prix, finishing 11th in the 1959 Italian Grand Prix in a Scuderia Centro Sud Cooper-Maserati. He also participated in several non-Championship Formula One races.
Davis finished eighth overall and a class winner in the 1960 Nürburgring 1000km, sharing a Ferrari 250GT with Carlo Abate. In the same race the following year he finished fourth overall, again with Abate, in a Ferrari 250GT. Also in 1961 Davis finished fifth in the 4-Hours of Pescara, driving solo in a 1,600 c.c. Osca Sport. He shared the winning Porsche 904 GTS in the 1964 Targa Florio with Antonio Pucci.
He died on 19 December 2012 after a long illness.
Complete Formula One World Championship results
|1959||Scuderia Centro Sud||Cooper T51||Maserati||MON||500||NED||FRA
- "Targa Florio winner Colin Davis passes away aged 79". Autosport.Com. Retrieved 23 December 2012.
- Motor Sport, October 1959, Pages 745-746.
- Motor Sport, July 1960, Pages 534-535.
- Motor Sport, July 1961, Pages 575-576, 578, 580.
- Motor Sport, September 1961, Pages 739-740.
- Motor Sport, June 1964, Pages 453, 456.