Colin Ferguson (actor)
Ferguson in July 2013
July 22, 1972
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
|Occupation||Actor, director, producer|
Colin Ferguson (born July 22, 1972) is a Canadian born American actor, director and producer. He is known for playing Sheriff Jack Carter on the Syfy series Eureka and as Lewis on Then Came You.
Ferguson was born and raised in Montreal, Quebec, and is a graduate of Appleby College and McGill University. Since he was born and raised around Montreal, which predominantly speaks French, he is bilingual speaking both French and English. He was born in Canada and became a naturalized citizen of the United States.
Ferguson was a member of the Montreal improv group On the Spot. He has been cast in many television series, television movies, and films, ranging from The Opposite of Sex to The Stupidest Angel. In 2003, he starred in short lived TV show Coupling. He was the lead for Eureka, a Syfy original series broadcast between 2006 and 2012, for which he was also a producer in its later seasons. He was also a guest presenter for sci-fi news show HypaSpace.
In 2007, he starred as Dan Casey in the Lifetime Christmas movie Christmas in Paradise alongside Charlotte Ross. In 2010, Ferguson starred as Nathan Bickerman in the syfy original movie Lake Placid 3 co-starring Kirsty Mitchell. On September 5, 2011, he appeared on the podcast Disasterpiece Theatre to discuss what Eureka might have looked like if it had been directed by Michael Bay.
He starred in The Vampire Diaries and had a recurring role in TV series Haven in 2013 and 2014. In January 2014, Ferguson became the newest "Maytag Man" where he plays the role of the appliance in the latest Maytag ad campaign. In July 2015, Ferguson began playing a recurring role in season three of the Hallmark Channel series Cedar Cove, as the new district attorney and a rival to Jack.
In 2016, he starred as Jack Brewster in the Hallmark original movie Every Christmas Has a Story alongside Lori Loughlin. In 2017, he starred as Mackintyre Sullivan in hallmark movies and mysteries film Framed for Murder: A Fixer Upper Mystery co-starring Jewel Kilcher. He also starred in the Hallmark movies and mysteries sequel Concrete Evidence: A Fixer Upper Mystery.
|1996||Rowing Through||Tiff Wood|
|1998||The Opposite of Sex||Tom De Lury|
|2001||The Surprise Party||Oscar|
|2005||Confessions of a Sociopathic Social Climber||Charles Fitz|
|2005||Guy in Row Five||Dean|
|2005||Mom at Sixteen||Bob Cooper|
|2006||Playing House||Michael Tate|
|2007||Because I Said So||Dereck Decker|
|2010||Lake Placid 3||Nathan Bickerman|
|2011||Life's a Beach||Pierre|
|2012||The Stupidest Angel||Tucker|
|1995||Are You Afraid of the Dark?||Tommy||Episode: "The Tale of C7"|
|1997||The Hunger||Peter Garson||Episode: "Bridal Suite"|
|1997||A Prayer in the Dark||Jimmy Flood||Movie|
|1998||More Tales of the City||Burke Andrew||Miniseries|
|1998||The X-Files (TV series)||Unnamed US Marshal (Background 6:48)||Episode: "Kitsunegari"|
|1998||More Tales of the City||Burke Christopher Andrew||6 episodes|
|1999||Cover Me||Andrew Chase||2 Episodes|
|2000||Then Came You||Lewis||10 Episodes|
|2001||Daydream Believers: The Monkees' Story||Van Foreman||Movie|
|2001||Inside the Osmonds||Mike Curb||Movie|
|2001||The Surprise Party||Oscar|
|2001||Titus||Dr. Bennet||Episode: "The Pendulum"|
|2001||Dead Last||Prince Torben of Mulravia||Episode: "The Mulravian Candidate"|
|2001||Becker||Clark||Episode: "Breakfast of Chumpions"|
|2001||Malcolm in the Middle||Deputy Brock||Episode: "Malcolm's Girlfriend"|
|2002||We Were the Mulvaneys||Dr. Witt||Movie|
|2002||The Outer Limits||David||Episode: "Free Spirit"|
|2003||Crossing Jordan||Brad Ferris||Episode: "Crossing Jordan"|
|2003||Coupling||Patrick Maitland||10 Episodes|
|2004||Line of Fire||David Gwynn||4 Episodes|
|2005||Ladies Night||Jesse Grant||Movie|
|2005||Vinegar Hill||Tom Welton||Movie|
|2005||Confessions of a Sociopathic Social Climber||Charles Fitz||Movie|
|2005||Girlfriends||Eric Stone||Episode: "Trial and Errors"|
|2006||Teachers||Doug Diamond||Episode: "Testing"|
|2006||My Boys||Steve||Episode: "Take One for the Team"|
|2006||The House Next Door||Walker||Movie|
|2006–12||Eureka||Sheriff Jack Carter||77 episodes|
|2006||Eureka: Hide and Seek||Sheriff Jack Carter||7 episodes|
|2006/07||HypaSpace||Himself/guest presenter||2 episodes|
|2007||CSI: Miami||Dominic Whitford / Greg Ramsey||Episode: "Triple Threat"|
|2007||Christmas in Paradise||Dan Casey||Movie|
|2008||Eureka: Happenings Around Town||Sheriff Jack Carter||Movie|
|2008||Stan Maynard's Best Day Ever||The Doctor||Movie|
|2008||Fear Itself||Dennis Mahoney||Episode: "Family Man"|
|2008||Ghost Hunters||Himself||Episode: "USS Hornet"|
|2009||FedCon XVIII: The Golden Future||Himself||Movie|
|2010||Hollywood Treasure||Himself||Episode: "Chasing Rudolph"|
|2011||The Guild||Himself||Episode: "Social Traumas"|
|2011||Matty Hanson and the Invisibility Ray||Cutter Hanson||Movie|
|2012||Like Father||Van Lyons||Movie|
|2012||Tabletop||Himself||Episode: "Ticket to Ride"|
|2012||Primeval: New World||Howard Canin||Episode: "Breakthrough"|
|2013||Happily Divorced||Chris||Episode: "Peter's Boyfriend"|
|2014||The Vampire Diaries||Thomas Vincent 'Tripp' Cooke||Recurring role in season 6|
|2014||Major Crimes||Agent Howard's doctor||Episode: "Zoo Story"|
|2015||Cedar Cove||District attorney Paul Watson||Recurring role|
|2016||Every Christmas Has a Story||Jack Brewster||Movie (Hallmark)|
|2017||Framed for Murder: A Fixer Upper Mystery||Macintyre Sullivan||Movie (Hallmark)|
|2017||Concrete Evidence: A Fixer Upper Mystery||Macintyre Sullivan||Movie (Hallmark)|
|2017||You're The Worst||Boone||8 episodes|
|2009||Eureka||Episode: "Your Face or Mine?" (3.10)|
|2010||Eureka||Episode: "The Story of O2" (4.4)|
|2010||Triassic Attack||TV Movie|
|2011–12||Eureka||11 episodes in seasons 4 & 5|
- Colin Ferguson Biography, Yahoo! Movies; accessed April 11, 2014.
- Colin Ferguson biography; accessed March 14, 2014.
- Colin Ferguson profile Archived 2012-01-08 at the Wayback Machine., colinferguson.net; accessed March 14, 2014.
- Colin Ferguson[permanent dead link]
- "Colin Ferguson". TVGuide.com. Retrieved 2017-03-13.
- "Colin Ferguson (Coupling)". SciFi Stream. Retrieved 2017-03-13.
- "Christmas in Paradise". TVGuide.com. Retrieved 2017-03-13.
- "'Lake Placid 3' Is Most-Watched Syfy Telecast Since October; Most-Watched Original Movie Since 2007". TV By The Numbers by zap2it.com. 2010-08-24. Retrieved 2017-03-13.
- Episode 06: Colin Ferguson, Disasterpiece Theatre, September 5, 2011
- ""The Vampire Diaries: The Downward Spiral"". www.sneakpeek.ca. Retrieved 2017-03-13.
- Justin Bachman (January 9, 2014). "Maytag Ads Ditch That Old, Bored Repairman for a Younger Model". Business Week.
- Gabrielle Pantera. "Season 3 Premier, Hallmark Cedar Cove, Love Triangle for Andie MacDowell with Colin Ferguson". HollywoodDailyStar.com. Retrieved 2015-07-18.
- "Colin Ferguson as Jack on Every Christmas Has A Story | Hallmark Channel". Hallmark Channel. Retrieved 2017-03-13.
- "Colin Ferguson on Framed for Murder: A Fixer Upper Mystery | Hallmark Movies and Mysteries". Hallmark Movies and Mysteries. Retrieved 2017-03-13.
- "Cast | Concrete Evidence: A Fixer Upper Mystery | Hallmark Movies and Mysteries". Hallmark Movies and Mysteries. Retrieved 2017-04-04.
- "Celeb Blogger Profile: Colin Ferguson -NHL.com". Retrieved 2014-04-12.
Clay Earl Jackson