|Born||July 22, 1972|
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
|Occupation||Actor, director, producer|
Colin Ferguson (born July 22, 1972) is a Canadian/American actor, director and producer. He is known for playing Sheriff Jack Carter on the Syfy series Eureka, the Maytag Man, and Lewis on Then Came You.
Ferguson was born and raised in Montreal, Quebec, and is a graduate of Appleby College and McGill University. Since he was born and raised around Montreal, which predominantly speaks French, he is bilingual speaking both French and English. He was born in Canada and became a naturalized citizen of the United States.
Ferguson was a member of the Montreal improv group On the Spot. He has been cast in many television series, television films, and films, ranging from The Opposite of Sex to The Stupidest Angel. In 2003, he starred in the short-lived TV show Coupling. He was the lead in Eureka, a Syfy original series broadcast between 2006 and 2012, for which he was also a producer in its later seasons. He was also a guest presenter for sci-fi news show HypaSpace.
He played the role of Burke Andrew in the 1993 TV mini series More Tales of the City, based on Armistead Maupin’s series of novels.
In 2007, he starred as Dan Casey in the Lifetime Christmas film Christmas in Paradise alongside Charlotte Ross. In 2010, Ferguson starred as Nathan Bickerman in the syfy original film Lake Placid 3 co-starring Kirsty Mitchell. On September 5, 2011, he appeared on the podcast Disasterpiece Theatre to discuss what Eureka might have looked like if it had been directed by Michael Bay.
He starred in The Vampire Diaries and had a recurring role in TV series Haven in 2013 and 2014. In January 2014, Ferguson became the newest "Maytag Man" where he plays the role of the appliance in the latest Maytag ad campaign. In July 2015, Ferguson began playing a recurring role in season three of the Hallmark Channel series Cedar Cove, as the new district attorney and a rival to Jack.
In 2016, he starred as Jack Brewster in the Hallmark original film Every Christmas Has a Story alongside Lori Loughlin. Since 2017, he has starred as Mackintyre Sullivan in the Fixer Upper Mysteries alongside Jewel Kilcher.
|1996||Rowing Through||Tiff Wood|
|1998||The Opposite of Sex||Tom De Lury|
|2001||The Surprise Party||Oscar|
|2005||Confessions of a Sociopathic Social Climber||Charles Fitz|
|2005||Guy in Row Five||Dean|
|2005||Mom at Sixteen||Bob Cooper|
|2006||Playing House||Michael Tate|
|2007||Because I Said So||Dereck Decker|
|2010||Lake Placid 3||Nathan Bickerman|
|2011||Life's a Beach||Pierre|
|2012||The Stupidest Angel||Tucker|
|2018||Breaking & Exiting||Officer Davis|
|1995||Are You Afraid of the Dark?||Tommy||Episode: "The Tale of C7"|
|1997||The Hunger||Peter Garson||Episode: "Bridal Suite"|
|1997||A Prayer in the Dark||Jimmy Flood||Television film|
|1997||Night Sins||Todd||Television film|
|1998||More Tales of the City||Burke Andrew||Television miniseries|
|1998||The X-Files||Unnamed US Marshal (Background 6:48)||Episode: "Kitsunegari"|
|1999||Cover Me||Andrew Chase||Television miniseries|
|2000||Then Came You||Lewis||Recurring role|
|2001||Daydream Believers: The Monkees' Story||Van Foreman||Television film|
|2001||Inside the Osmonds||Mike Curb||Television film|
|2001||Titus||Dr. Bennet||Episode: "The Pendulum"|
|2001||Dead Last||Prince Torben of Mulravia||Episode: "The Mulravian Candidate"|
|2001||Becker||Clark||Episode: "Breakfast of Chumpions"|
|2001||Malcolm in the Middle||Deputy Brock||Episode: "Malcolm's Girlfriend"|
|2002||We Were the Mulvaneys||Dr. Witt||Television film|
|2002||The Outer Limits||David||Episode: "Free Spirit"|
|2003||Crossing Jordan||Brad Ferris||Episode: "Crossing Jordan"|
|2003||Coupling||Patrick Maitland||Main role|
|2004||Career Suicide||Rod||Television film|
|2004||Line of Fire||David Gwynn||4 episodes|
|2005||Ladies Night||Jesse Grant||Television film|
|2005||Vinegar Hill||Tom Welton||Television film|
|2005||Confessions of a Sociopathic Social Climber||Charles Fitz||Television film|
|2005||Girlfriends||Eric Stone||Episode: "Trial and Errors"|
|2006||Teachers||Doug Diamond||Episode: "Testing"|
|2006||My Boys||Steve||Episode: "Take One for the Team"|
|2006||The House Next Door||Walker||Television film|
|2006–2012||Eureka||Sheriff Jack Carter||Main role|
|2006||Eureka: Hide and Seek||Sheriff Jack Carter||Main role|
|2006–2007||HypaSpace||Himself||Guest presenter; 2 episodes|
|2007||CSI: Miami||Dominic Whitford / Greg Ramsey||Episode: "Triple Threat"|
|2007||Christmas in Paradise||Dan Casey||Television film|
|2008||Eureka: Happenings Around Town||Sheriff Jack Carter||Television film|
|2008||Stan Maynard's Best Day Ever||The Doctor||Television film|
|2008||Fear Itself||Dennis Mahoney||Episode: "Family Man"|
|2008||Ghost Hunters||Himself||Episode: "USS Hornet"|
|2009||FedCon XVIII: The Golden Future||Himself||Television film|
|2010||Hollywood Treasure||Himself||Episode: "Chasing Rudolph"|
|2011||The Guild||Himself||Episode: "Social Traumas"|
|2011||Matty Hanson and the Invisibility Ray||Cutter Hanson||Television film|
|2012||Like Father||Van Lyons||Television film|
|2012||Tabletop||Himself||Episode: "Ticket to Ride"|
|2012||Primeval: New World||Howard Canin||Episode: "Breakthrough"|
|2013||Happily Divorced||Chris||Episode: "Peter's Boyfriend"|
|2013–2015||Haven||William||Recurring role (seasons 4–5)|
|2014||The Vampire Diaries||Thomas Vincent 'Tripp' Cooke||Recurring role (season 6)|
|2014||Major Crimes||Agent Howard's doctor||Episode: "Zoo Story"|
|2015||Cedar Cove||District attorney Paul Watson||Recurring role|
|2016||Every Christmas Has a Story||Jack Brewster||Television film|
|2017||Framed for Murder: A Fixer Upper Mystery||Macintyre Sullivan||Television film|
|2017||Concrete Evidence: A Fixer Upper Mystery||Macintyre Sullivan||Television film|
|2017||Deadly Deed: A Fixer Upper Mystery||Macintyre Sullivan||Television film|
|2017||You're The Worst||Boone||Recurring role (season 4)|
|2018||Christmas on Honeysuckle Lane||Morgan||Television film|
|2019||Christmas in Montana||Travis||Television film|
As a director or producer
|2009–2010||Eureka||Director||Episodes: "Your Face or Mine?", "The Story of O2"|
|2010||Triassic Attack||Director||Television film|
|2011–2012||Eureka||Producer||11 episodes (seasons 4–5)|
- Colin Ferguson Biography, Yahoo! Movies; accessed April 11, 2014.
- Colin Ferguson biography; accessed March 14, 2014.
- Colin Ferguson profile Archived 2012-01-08 at the Wayback Machine, colinferguson.net; accessed March 14, 2014.
- Colin Ferguson[permanent dead link]
- "Colin Ferguson". TVGuide.com. Retrieved 2017-03-13.
- "Colin Ferguson (Coupling)". SciFi Stream. Retrieved 2017-03-13.
- "Christmas in Paradise". TVGuide.com. Retrieved 2017-03-13.
- "'Lake Placid 3' Is Most-Watched Syfy Telecast Since October; Most-Watched Original Movie Since 2007". TV By The Numbers by zap2it.com. 2010-08-24. Archived from the original on 2017-03-13. Retrieved 2017-03-13.
- Episode 06: Colin Ferguson Archived 2013-01-13 at the Wayback Machine, Disasterpiece Theatre, September 5, 2011
- ""The Vampire Diaries: The Downward Spiral"". www.sneakpeek.ca. Retrieved 2017-03-13.
- Justin Bachman (January 9, 2014). "Maytag Ads Ditch That Old, Bored Repairman for a Younger Model". Business Week.
- Gabrielle Pantera. "Season 3 Premier, Hallmark Cedar Cove, Love Triangle for Andie MacDowell with Colin Ferguson". HollywoodDailyStar.com. Retrieved 2015-07-18.
- "Colin Ferguson as Jack on Every Christmas Has A Story | Hallmark Channel". Hallmark Channel. Retrieved 2017-03-13.
- "Colin Ferguson on Framed for Murder: A Fixer Upper Mystery | Hallmark Movies and Mysteries". Hallmark Movies and Mysteries. Retrieved 2017-03-13.
- "Cast | Concrete Evidence: A Fixer Upper Mystery | Hallmark Movies and Mysteries". Hallmark Movies and Mysteries. Retrieved 2017-04-04.
- Ferguson, Colin [@colinferg] (September 5, 2013). "Mother and son are happy, healthy and napping. Thanks so much for the kind words everyone" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- Gidlow, Steve (March 9, 2018). "Colin Ferguson on solving "Fixer Upper Mysteries" with co-star Jewel". Media Village. Retrieved September 16, 2019.
- "Celeb Blogger Profile: Colin Ferguson -NHL.com". Retrieved 2014-04-12.